Accommodation in or near Tan Binh district

Hi,
I'm looking for some advice on accommodation in or near the Tan Binh district where I will be working. 

I have a one year contract as an English teacher while my partner is a native Spanish teacher. We wouldn't mind sharing with another couple or looking for somewhere on our own.

What's Tan Binh like? I'm keen on getting a motorbike so don't mind staying in a nearby area.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Stephen

Saigon airport plaza Apartment.
Ruby garden apartment
The moonlight apartment.

All are in tan binh and somemore. Renting will be about 600$ to 1.200$ or1.800$ depends on you want to be shared or live on your own.
If sharing better you choose in expat housing pages.

I agree with miss nga:)

kwk wrote:

I agree with miss nga:)

;)
Back to HCMC yet ? Seventeen again ? ;)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Tan Binh is a large area, where in Tan Binh are you working, that will help.

I have found some good rental options on this site http://www.vnrenting.com/hochiminh/eng/ … -Tan-Binh/
But maybe you can find better value locally.

Cheers John,
Will check that link out..
Thanks

Vnrenting are a crap company, every time I asked about a place on their website it was gone, but we have another one scam.. I wouldnt go anywhere near them, try Saigonstay, much more professional, I could of given you more options but you didnt reply as to where you want.

I'll be working right beside the airport.

Ok, I will assume that you are working on Truong Chinh street, up the road heading towards Cu Chi is Phuc Tinh apartments on Phan Huy Ich street. They have a rental office on site to the rear on the right hand side. The lady who owns the place speaks English as does her son.

Ok, ta for the help. Will go when we arrive.

I thought you were here already, so you really have no idea as to the area in question.

Don't worry.  I'm good with directions.  Arrive in 3 weeks time.

What school are you going to work at, maybe good to do a search on Daves Cafe which discusses the different schools in each country.Being signed up for a year whilst not in country does seem a bit odd.

Been there, done that. Cheers. Not very 'odd' at all colinoscapee.  I know 3 people who worked at the school.  I know other people working there.  I know other people working in HCMC at other schools who are familiar with the school.  I've also worked for numerous schools having arranged the contract before arriving. I've done my research.

Ok, well seems the school name is top secret. If I had known the name of the school then I would of agreed, but there are lots of scam schools here, which you will soon hear about.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with information on finding accommodation! Much appreciated!

Hi!

[moderated : posted in the wrong section]

if u want to hire room near airport, i cant help u, my teacher is american, and he is teaching duong minh school, his room is hiring it is so good, prices of 500$-700$, but it is convenient because u dont care about cleaning your room , all of them are cleaned by waitress, if u want to hire it, connect with me : skype:ly.songlan, Facebook: bautroidotham, i will take u  here, i promised it is perfect so much

Sounds very expensive, I rented a whole house 4 bedrooms with modern furniture and modern house for 500usd. Your saying up to 700usd for a room, I dont think so.

Hi,

my boyfriend-french and i -polish are looking for somebody to take over our appartment in phan ding phung in phu nhuan district for 350$. if u are interested contact me on private message and i will send u all the important info.

Aga

no expensive, it is really 500$ but u dont make anything because all will be cleaned by waitress, it is not expensive,

and futhermore, if u give it is expensive, i will give u some example: when u hire cheaper apartment the my apartment i said, ok, it is cheaper, but u dont get anything, not service, not safe, and u must clear all thing and wash your clothes, what will u choose both of them

I agree, $500 sounds a lot for just a room.  Compared to all the other many apartments and rooms I have seen.  Is that the main selling point - someone will clean?

ak, not expensive, i see that it is resonable so just 500$ u dont care your room is thirty, your clothes is washed , all will be cleaned , washed and hang up  by househelper and when u wake, they will clean for u immediately, more than it is near supper market , space is so quite and peace,hehe, my teacher said that he never want to leave it, good apartment, that is trust that i saw,hehe

ah, about forniture, all are new, and modern so they just buy nearly, the apartment is built since 1 years, good

Lylyly, you work for a rental agency dont you, as you seem to be hooked on getting someone to rent that place.

lylyly for 500$ u can rent an appartment with bedroom and leaving room in some nice localization so stop pushing him to rent this crap!

Seem like my friend have recently had an available room . Furnished with bed, frig, wardrobe, air condition, balcony and security camera inside. About 150$/month only. You will like that cool place at the first sight! Cause me too :P So If you guys still havent found one yet, I can ask her.

With 500$ can rent a flat with bedroom , living room nice kitchen  !!! Not only a room, ***** !

Hi Stephen!
Im Thuong, Im woking in Tan Binh Distrist.
Have you fine Accommodation in near Tan Binh?
I can together fine with you.
This is the opportunitive for me to get friend and repair my English
If you wanna contract me:

my skype: kem_he