Banking in Damman, KSA

What is the best bank for an American expat living in KSA to use? What is the best way to convert Riyals to US dollars with the least amount of fees?

I just use Al Rajhi Bank (where my paycheck is deposited) to transfer the money to my US bank.  The charge is 70SAR, I think, and the rate is fixed at 3.75SAR/$1.

Would that be the best bank also for British?  Due to move to Jeddah August, getting nervous about needing to transfer money home to ensure mortgage is paid, any advice greatly appreciated.

Best bank would be SAAB and SAMBA as they are HSBC and Citi in that order (own representation internationally). Whilst most of the local banks like Rajhi Bank have a third party involved sending over your hard earned money over. But it does not make a difference.

At the end of the day whatever institution you use to send over your money it will get there. You might want to shop around for the charges though.

sh3hryar wrote:

Best bank would be SAAB and SAMBA as they are HSBC and Citi in that order (own representation internationally). Whilst most of the local banks like Rajhi Bank have a third party involved sending over your hard earned money over. But it does not make a difference.

At the end of the day whatever institution you use to send over your money it will get there. You might want to shop around for the charges though.

You're right about HSBC and Citi (but she will probably end up using the bank where her salary is deposited, anyway).

sh3hryar wrote:

Whilst most of the local banks like Rajhi Bank have a third party involved sending over your hard earned money over.

Out of curiosity @sh3hryar, who's that 3rd party?

TheLegendLeads wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

Whilst most of the local banks like Rajhi Bank have a third party involved sending over your hard earned money over.

There was no third party sending to a large national bank (Bank of America) but when I wanted to send to an account at a smaller local bank, there was a third party needed (Wells Fargo).

Alliecat wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

There was no third party sending to a large national bank (Bank of America) but when I wanted to send to an account at a smaller local bank, there was a third party needed (Wells Fargo).

Meow answered your query.

if you just want to use the bank to send money its all same ,, but still SAMBA faster in transfer than any other one ,,