Bringing meat products into Vietnam

I'm currently in Qatar for the week and would like to bring a couple good steaks back home to Vietnam with me. I read a post a few days ago about someone doing this.
So what is the procedure?

if you can bring steaks back to Vietnam I'd like to know too.

So that I can bring some Alberta beef, bear meat and bison beef.

I place 6 pounds of ribeye in my checked bag. No problems, I did not declare it.  I have not had a good steak since.

The relevant regulation is 15/2006/QĐ-BNN which forbids bringing raw or simply/preliminarily processed (don't know what it means) meat by hand into Vietnam (paragraph 19 point 4).

Sorry Mac.

Also the same law states (paragraph 19 point 1 a) that one can bring in max 5kg of cooked meat if one declares.

What if you said you like you steak blue?

Vietnam customs department is not too hard like others. If you want you can simply place it in your baggage :D
But if they have some doubt, sure they will open it. If they found that... just guess remaining :D
Anyway someone can eat that! No other legal problems!

I go back to America several times a year. Each time I come back with whole prime grade New York Strip (12-14lbs), my favorite hot and sweet Italian sausage from my local butcher, great cheese, great wine, chorizo, soppressata, crisp Romaine.. you name it and it's probably in my luggage. I have never had a problem. Legal or illegal, I think they look the other way and are pretty understanding that people miss this type of food..