Help with contract

Hello everyone

I need to find a law firm or a lawyer who would be able to represent my case of unfair dismissal in the labour court.

There are long lists of lawyers on google, but one of you out there may know someone who could help me. This is a case of a bully who just thinks he can get away with anything.

He is Australalian and should know better!!

Maybe you can tell us where you want a lawyer?

Hello

Riyadh is where I have been working and need representation there.

Thanks

Then I suggest to post your topic at the KSA/Riyadh forum, by clicking on this link

Good luck!

Thank you very much!!

I am sort of new at this...

Appreciate your help.

Hi Euripides,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Just to inform you that your topic has been moved on the Riyadh forum.

All the best,
Christine

Euripides is the person who asked for advice re her boss in an earlier thread.   Guess the situation couldn't be solved amicably :(

Australian boss? Is he the owner of the company?
If no, there must be someone to whom HE reports.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Australian boss? Is he the owner of the company?
If no, there must be someone to whom HE reports.

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently, he's the OP's manager/supervisor, which basically makes him nothing more than an employee. However, the Saudi company---the other party indicated on her employment contract---is who she should be communicating with.  I sense they don't even know about this issue.

Thanks guys.

Yes, this Australian boss is reporting to a higher authority, a Board. And you are right, they won't have an idea about this sort of behaviour.

I will be pushing this as far as I can because it is simply wrong and guess what...his EGO is at the centre of the whole thing.

Wish I could write ARABIC!!

Shukran.

Euripides wrote:

Thanks guys.

Yes, this Australian boss is reporting to a higher authority, a Board. And you are right, they won't have an idea about this sort of behaviour.

I will be pushing this as far as I can because it is simply wrong and guess what...his EGO is at the centre of the whole thing.

Wish I could write ARABIC!!

Shukran.

There are many very helpful Arabic speakers/writers on this forum.  Maybe one of them would be kind enough to translate for you :)

May we know more details about your case to direct / guide you to the proper channel ?

Thanks you.

Employed at a high level in Australia.

Arrived Riyadh January 2013.  Difficulties with role and expectations but nothing too dramatic.

Took leave for compassionate in A
Ril..all approved and documented.

Whilst on leave ....terminated.

Have to say that before I went on leave there had been some tensions in high level meetings. But tell me..where does this not happen??

The boss who I now believe is an idiot decided to Skype me and say ' why not resign'

I said ' well that's not what I want to do'

So he now terminates me on gross misconduct.

There you have it.

Euripides wrote:

Thanks you.

Arrived Riyadh January 2013.  Difficulties with role and expectations but nothing too dramatic.

Have to say that before I went on leave there had been some tensions in high level meetings. But tell me..where does this not happen??

The boss who I now believe is an idiot decided to Skype me and say ' why not resign'

There you have it.

The employer has to support their claim of gross misconduct with proof (evidence, witness).

If the employer is unable to do so, you have the case in your net.

Regarding lawyers, I have no idea how or where to find one. Best thing to do right now would be contact Australian Embassy here in Riyadh to help you find a lawyer.

A word of advise, you might want to refer to your boss as just your boss and not Australian boss.

G'luck.

Thank you very much.

Euripides wrote:

Thanks you.

There you have it.

Did you complete the probation period successfully ?

Was there any warning letters issued against you in these time ?

Were you given one month notice as per law on termination ? And what about your final settlement ?

Are you now in Riyadh or Australia, it will be easier to speak to a lawyer and to resolve things if you are in KSA.

It also helps to speak to the company management first and see their response as well to see if your boss has the buy in / support from them on this decision.

I would be happy to translate any document you want to Arabic. Although I'm not an actual translator, but I will do my best (I'm quite good at it)

I know a lawyer who could assist, but his english skills are minimal. PM me for more detials.

Hello everyone again

I followed the advice of one very kind blogger in KSA and got a lawyer. I had already done my homework and knew my rights under the labour law, but asked this lawyer if I was right. I paid 1000 Aussie dollars for them to tell me what I already knew. The lawyers were very kind but all I wanted from the was a letter, a simple letter written to my boss's stating that he was in error and should rectify this.
The law firm won't do this unless I commit more dollars.

So, is there anyone who knows a lawyer who can pen the letter for me and deliver it to see if it has an impact.

Naturally, if going further with the case is my only option I will have to consider true costs then.

Help again,

Euripides.

HRGuru wrote:

I know a lawyer who could assist, but his english skills are minimal. PM me for more detials.

HRGuru offered one. Unfortunately he's on vacation and won't be back before mid of September. Please try sending him a PM.

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php?id=631383