Teaching English in Cambodia using a scanned degree/TESOL?

Hi everyone! I am the new guy here. I have been teaching English in many cities here in China for about 3 years. I really don't like China and I want to leave right away. I'm tired of the Chinese culture, people, and the pollution here is insane. I have been to SE Asia before (Thailand and Laos) and loved it. I love the humid tropical environment and the laid back feel that is totally the opposite of China. I just feel like I chose a country that doesn't suit me at all. I have been teaching here with my degree scanned and TESOL certificate scanned into my computer and then I have just been emailing these scanned documents to any company where I want to work. I have not no problems at all doing this and not once have I been asked to show them my originals. Is this the case at some schools in Cambodia as well? Would I be able to just email them a scanned copy of a real degree? My TESOL isn't real, but I plan to get a real one in SE Asia when I have more money saved up. TESOL/TEFL are not required though right? If I relocated there with about $1,000 US total, would I have enough to live on until I find a job and start earning money there? I would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks.

Really? Nobody has the answer to this? I surely thought I would get a reply really quickly...

I heard that teaching English in Cambodia without any qualifications is possible as well.

Hello The Midnight Runner,

Welcome to Expat.com!

The members will surely come back to you, some more patience! ;)

Regards,
Pravin.

Umm...nobody has gotten back to me and I am a patient guy....but yeah...

Hi.
You wrote in your first post that your TESOL  was not "real" ... this means that you have been teaching all those years with a fake certificate!?
Yes ... many natives english speakers are teaching here without any qualifications.
But at least, they are not "pretending" to have a qualification or a certificate.
This attitude is maybe the reason why nobody is answering you.
I am not judging you... but....
oh ... yes... actually I am.... as a father of 3 kids.

Now, about the 1.000$, this is what you would need to live 30 or 40 days... not more... so if you don't have a job before that, it will be a problem.
Let me also tell you that Phnom Penh is at some places VERY polluted as well... garbage in the middle of the road and rats. .. and this in the town center.
So you should maybe come and have a look first.

The Midnight Runner wrote:

Are you looking for a job?
I have a client - its an International School.
They are looking for English Native Teachers.

By the way, we are Citrine Recruitment Services.
We are licensed employment agency based in Singapore and just established a branch in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We can help you to find and secure a job.

Please send us your cv/resume [email protected] .
Thank you.

Regards,

Citrine Recruitment Services

So citrinecambodia is recruiting people with scanned diploma copies for international schools?
Good to know. ..
I woulb be happy to know for wich schools you are recruiting. .. :lol:

citrinecambodia wrote:

Are you looking for a job?
I have a client - its an International School.
They are looking for English Native Teachers.

By the way, we are Citrine Recruitment Services.
We are licensed employment agency based in Singapore and just established a branch in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We can help you to find and secure a job.

Please send us your cv/resume [email protected] .
Thank you.

Regards,

Citrine Recruitment Services

As a matter of fact, our client doesn't requires for TESOL/IELTS or any degree.
As long as your an english native speaker - they would consider for shortlisting.
Our client conducts a personal interview and demo teaching to assess the qualification of the applicants.

I am not criticizing.
I am just surprised.
What you describe here was true years ago.
Nowadays many natives speakers are immigrating here in Cambodia.
As a consequence, schools are now more regarding on the teacher's profile.
Teaching is a job. You have to learn how to teach.
Specially if you have to deal with young kids.
Being a native speaker does not make of you a teacher. Anyways.... apparently you have some clients less regarding. ...
I maybe wrong but I think that most of schools are taking the teachers with a 3 months tryout. So you could be out of job 3 months after relocating. ...

Citrine Recruitment Services is an employment agency.
As long as what our client needs, we fullfil their demands in terms of manpower staffing.
We outsourced on behalf of the client and we send resumes/cvs to them based on their requirement.
It's the client decision who they wanted to shortlist and conduct a personal interview.
FYI - we are an employment agency and we deploy workers. We are not the one employing the English Native Speaker. Its the client discretion who they wanted to hire.
We don't interfere on their agreement coz its between the employee and employer relationship.
If both parties agreed, we can't hold on back for that matter.

In fact, I reply on that post coz the person needs a job and we can help him.
Its not about the fake/scanned certificates that we are interested into.
Thank you so much.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello citrinecambodia.

To note that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum.
Could you please post your offers in the Jobs in Cambodia section?

PS: Please read our code of conduct.

Thank you,
Aurélie from the Expat.com Team

Hello.

Some off topic messages have been removed.

@citrinecambodia:

Please take note of the recommendations of Aurélie above, as she said all offers should be posted in the appropriate section - Jobs.

Please note also that there is a code of conduct concerning adverts.

Concerning your private message system, please read this thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

If you have any other questions, please Contact Us in private.

----------------------------------
Now back to the topic -> Teaching English in Cambodia using a scanned degree/TESOL? ;)

Thank you for your comprehension.

Karen.
Expat.com Team

i believe he's talking about scanned as in the copy of the original  "real"..it's quite insulting to start a topic saying somebody's documents are fake. just saying.

Aaliyah01 wrote:

i believe he's talking about scanned as in the copy of the original  "real"..it's quite insulting to start a topic saying somebody's documents are fake. just saying.

He started the topic and stated quite clearly his degree is real but TESOL is not real.
Personally I don't care. Paying your way through university by buying exam answers seems de rigueur here in Cambodia so management at the schools probably have their fair share of fake certificates.

It's written quite plainly:

My TESOL isn't real, but I plan to get a real one in SE Asia when I have more money saved up.

He's not saving up for a better quality photocopy..

... how is that even possible???....:/..

Yes, I understand that I should have a real TESOL, but I don't have the money to afford one as they always seem to cost a lot. I can save up for one down the road, but if they aren't required in some schools...I might not worry about it as I have other bills to pay. I have taught English in China for almost 3 years. My students and coworkers loved me, so it is not like I can't teach just because I don't have a real TEFL/TESOL/CELTA, etc. I also wanted to be honest about mine being fake. Most people just lie about theirs being real.

Yes... So be honest and just don't pretend to have one...
as... most schools wont ask for it.
Your employment history should be enough!

why r u even mentioning about it then..gosh.. don't u feel its wrong ?..it's fraud !...many people don't afford it cz it's frickin expensive but that doesn't mean u have to cheat people about it ... and honestly, even after knowing that you've been going through live by cheating with this u still think its casual N ok and quite relaxed about making it a topic of discussion on a public forum.thats not very intelligent either ..

dosolto wrote:

Yes... So be honest and just don't pretend to have one...
as... most schools wont ask for it.
Your employment history should be enough!

Good to know. If the schools don't require TESOL, then I have no reason to pretend I have a one at all. I will just use my real scanned degree to apply for teaching jobs there in the future. By the way, are there many private training centers where I would be able to teach one-to-one rather than classes in the big cities? I appreciate the help.

Aaliyah01 wrote:

why r u even mentioning about it then..gosh.. don't u feel its wrong ?..it's fraud !...many people don't afford it cz it's frickin expensive but that doesn't mean u have to cheat people about it ... and honestly, even after knowing that you've been going through live by cheating with this u still think its casual N ok and quite relaxed about making it a topic of discussion on a public forum.thats not very intelligent either ..

Aaliyah...I believe you just misunderstood what I was saying. I was verifying if I would even need to provide a TESOL certificate with the notion that I most likely wouldn't need to. Now that I know that I don't need to, I have no intention of faking it and being a fraud.

If you teach like you type, then I am bound to believe that you yourself might not be a fully qualified teacher...you teach English in Cambodia I presume?

no i don't teach English N cz of ur accurate presumptions u came up with the idea to use fake documents AND to ask for public opinions .N really..u felt offended?? you shouldn't,it's just common sense ... i type whatever i feel like , am not giving anybody any English classes on this forum N neither trying to impress anybody N insulting me isn't nice of u.

"" I have been teaching here with my degree scanned and TESOL certificate scanned into my computer and then I have just been emailing these scanned documents to any company where I want to work""..

i actually misunderstood  the first time when ppl here were telling u its not nice to fake documents N i thought u just meant that u have a scanned copy of the original , i actually thought by real u had meant the original ..r u always this acid with people who jump in your defense ?..

OH and by the way i am FULLY qualified for my job . thnx for reminding me.

No I am not usually like this and I am sorry if I offended you. I have no intentions of using a fake TESOL/TEFL/CELTA or any other certificate for that matter.

On a lighter note, if you aren't teaching English...are you a student? Are you working a non-teaching job? Besides teaching a foreign language...there really isn't much do to in the way of work there right?

dosolto wrote:

Hi.
You wrote in your first post that your TESOL  was not "real" ... this means that you have been teaching all those years with a fake certificate!?
Yes ... many natives english speakers are teaching here without any qualifications.
But at least, they are not "pretending" to have a qualification or a certificate.
This attitude is maybe the reason why nobody is answering you.
I am not judging you... but....
oh ... yes... actually I am.... as a father of 3 kids.

Now, about the 1.000$, this is what you would need to live 30 or 40 days... not more... so if you don't have a job before that, it will be a problem.
Let me also tell you that Phnom Penh is at some places VERY polluted as well... garbage in the middle of the road and rats. .. and this in the town center.
So you should maybe come and have a look first.

The Midnight Runner wrote:

There is no way that anywhere in Cambodia could be even remotely as polluted as Beijing. Google image some photos of the pollution in Beijing. It is truly terrifying stuff.

Beijing is not like Cambodia.
Here is only like garbage but not all streets.
So far, still okey far from China.

there are a lot of things one can do here not only teach English.

Give me your mail in PM.. I often take sone pictures of polution with my phone. The maine nightlife roads are disgusting. .. trash and rats all over the floor... and it's full of tourists!

ok guys, I am "almost" back from holidays, and the first thing I do is closing this thread

Closed