Big 4 job in Bahrain - 1800 BD

Hi everybody,

I m considering moving to Bahrain for a Big 4 firm but I m worried about the suggested compensation.

They offered me 1800BD/month do you think it is wise to relocate under this agreement?

thanks

Hi, so just to read this correctly, you are offered a post here in Bahrain for 1800 BHD per month? correct?

As you have only mentioned the salary, i dont know what other things are included in your relocation/job here.

For example, will your company be paying for accommodation, transport? health benefits?

These all need to be considered..

Just to help you, there is an article that was written by two of our Bahrain Animators. Its a very detailed and through guide that will give you an idea of living in Bahrain.

This is the Definitive Guide to Bahrain. You should read it and i'm almost certain it will answer your questions.  :)  There's a section on there "How much salary is a good salary in Bahrain?" this will help you calculate living costs ;)

Just a note, alot of people here in Bahrain work on less than the salary you're been offered. Alot of it will depend on your lifestyle, work..so on.. :|

Good luck.. :)

Hi Nicola and welcome to the forum.

Just like Jazzy says - if you can give us as much information as possible we will be able to answer you more thoroughly.

Please take a look through other questions that are already on the forum as that might shed some light for you too

thank you both for your input.

the 1800BD/month include allowance for rent and transportation.

Hello Nicola,

1,800BD is not a bad salary in Bahrain and you can certainly live on that and also save some money. However, it is impossible for us to answer your question whether this is a good salary for the position you are offered or not, without us knowing more about the position.

As mentioned above, read the guide written by Jo and myself and I am sure it will answer your questions.

the 1800BD/month include allowance for rent and transportation.

You can still save quite a bit of your salary, depending on your lifestyle.  :)

thank you all for your comments.

I m offered the position of a senior advisor (the ladder goes assistant advisor - senior advisor - manager - senior manager etc) in the advisory department of a professional services firm.

The firm is based in Seef which I understand is a very expensive place to live and I starting to think of ways of commuting etc.

Seef is very expensive and very dull. Shops, shops, offices and that's about it. If you want to live cheaper and commute then think about moving to Saar (expat clubs, cinema, normality)

The only thing expensive about Seef is the rent. This is compared to other major areas in Bahrain. But again, it all depends where you live in Seef. You can get a 2-bed flat for 500-600 BD in Seef and this is pretty much the same as it is in Juffair. For a newcomer, I wouldn't recommend Saar to be honest. It feels remote but again it also has some lovely compounds. Sometimes getting in and out of Saar can be an issue as a result of the protests in nearby areas, depending on where you live.

Seef is full of shopping malls, cinemas and upmarket restaurants / lounges. Juffair is full of bars. Adliya is full of cafes.

I guess it all depends on your lifestyle.

you need to compare between the advantages and disadvantages of being in Bahrain or your hometown. To make it easy i will give you this list :

1- NO TAX

2- food  not expensive and much cheaper than Europe

3- In General people in Bahrain are freindly

4- The weather , in winter is perfect in Summer it is 45+

5- Bahrain is Island ))

6- OIL is CHEAP

7-Be careful from saudi Drivers on Weekend )))

8-If you are single you can find good flat one bedroom for 400 BD

I hope you can make up your mind ))

7-Be careful from saudi Drivers on Weekend )))

:lol::lol:

:D:D

@ Nicola Bahrain - I hope the ideas above have given you an idea on the living costs here and how your salary will compare against it.

The one thing i may add is the place where you work, you don't necessarily have to live close by. Although it will help you in terms of commuting i guess. So if you choose to live in Seef, you could save on transportation and have that extra time for sleep in the morning before work  :D

However, if you do find accommodation in seef for 600 BHD or if you find accommodation elsewhere say in Juffair or Adliya for 400 BHD (plus car hire approx 160 - 180 per month on a medium range car) this equates to roughly the same as to what you pay in seef for accommodation alone.

The car will give you flexibility to move around, you may live further from work, but given the island is small, you can get around fairly quickly (apart from Thur evening when the saudi drivers are here on their tourism visit for the weekend)  :D

A driving license would really help you here too in Bahrain if you wish to drive around.
Good luck and hope you have decided about your offer  :top:

@Jo - hi - good to hear from you  :)

ooops this post is just a bit old.. but nothing changes though. The saudi drivers on the weekend... same old story...  :dumbom::D

@jazzy851 so rude of you, I'm a Saudi living in Bahrain and haven't changed my license plate and that doesn't make us any different.
saudi arabia literally built Bahrain so think wisely before you speak.

Hi fai079,
    So the Saudi drive safely within speed limits and Saudi Arabia is absolutely not among the most dangerous places to drive worlwide ?

Saudia has or has not built Bahrain, what does that have to do with their very classy driving style?!

This is a year old thread.  Most of the posters are no longer active.  Start a new thread if you want to comment on something.

Mods - please close.