Work permits for wife's/ 2 work permits per house info?

Hi all,

My husband has been offered a contract in Suva and we are looking to re-locate before the end of the year. I am a qualified teacher and would be looking to perhaps find work when we arrive, (either at a local or international school). I have read that it can be hard to gain 2 work permits per household. Does any one have any information about this??

If its not possible to gain a work permit then will i need to leave the country every 3 months (will i just be a 'tourist') or can i gain some kind of spouse visa?

Also if i am not permitted to work can i get involved with non-profit volunteering/ teaching easily?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Cally

Hi Cally,

did you get any answer on your question about the second work permit? I am in the same situation right now. We are leaving Germany for Fiji in September and I studied "Natural Resources Management". For the first time I am looking for an internship but we are staying for two years so at any stage I would like to find a work.

I'd be happy to hear from you :)

All the best,
Larissa

Hi,

Sadly i have had no replies from this forum, however i have found out that if you are married you are entitled to a dependent visa and that will allow you to stay for as long as your partner (but not work). I think if you want to find work its best to approach a prospective employer and try to get your own visa. Im not sure how hard it is to change over visa once you are in the country!

if you find out anymore info please share!! I'm still a bit in the dark about it all, but working on finding a job before i get there!

Cheers

Dear CAlly,
As a spouse you can stay with your husband as dependent spouse.

Regards,
Dr. Joel

Dear Callyc

Need to relocate do let us knoiw we can help you move from overseas into Fiji.

Cheers,
Bill