Shipping to RAK

Hello there.

We are moving to RAK in August and I'm trying to get some quotes for shipping over some of our personal effects.

Can anyone recommend a competitive and reliable company please?

Cheers.
Les

Hi there

We are using a company called eagle and its £ 6.50 per cubic foot.

Eagle Relocations Ltd. Unit 6 Ascot Road, Watford, Herts WD18 8AD Switch: +44 (0) 1923 801 500 Fax: +44 (0) 1923 813 458 Email:[email protected]

hope that helps!?

Hi Les,
           Hope you've had a lovely weekend with the family.
We are using Britannia Removals. Approximately the same price as the above post. We are using them as they have a local office . Quotes can vary so give a few a ring or drop them an email.
Regards
Donna x

Thanks for that Ali and Donna, I'll get on to it tomorrow!  Just another thing on the 'to do' list!!

Cheers.
Les

Hi Ali.

I've spoken to Eagle and they seem very helpful.  I told them they had been recommended to us and they asked by who, but I didn't know your name!

They said they have shipments going every couple of weeks so our stuff may go over together I guess?

It was me Alison North! Maybe they will give me a discount ;)

Also We asked them to come and do a survey to give us an idea of how much it would cost us.

Hi Donna.

We've tried Brittania removals and they've quoted us £1,400.  This is a door to door service including unpacking and is just for miscellaneous personal effects, no furniture.

May I ask how is compares to your quote from them please?

Best wishes.
Les.

Hi Les,
           We got quoted £1000 of Britannia  for 140 cubic feet . Did they say how many cubic feet your shipment was for that price? Ours is only personal effects , tv, stereo, bikes etc also.
hope this helps.
Speak soon
Donna x

We went with a company called Hunts International who are based in Redditch,  They quoted us £545 for 70 cubic feet.  This is for a door to door service, with us self packing.  We are only bringing over pictures and some knick knacks as well as kids toys, so we did not need that much space.   This is on a shared groupage service so may take longer, but you need to have your residence visa before you can get the goods from customs anyway, so that is not a problem!!

Ours is door to door 100 cubic feet self packing and £650