An American man wanting to marry a Saudi Woman

Dear All,

I am seeking for the best and fastest way for me and my Saudi Fiancee' to get married. I am a true blue red blooded American that converted to Islam in 2007. Both her and I want to marry asap (she is 27 and I am 42) and her mom, dad, and family have given us their blessings and permission. Now all we need to do is find out the rules, regulations, prices, and procedures for us to marry. We both live here in Riyadh and I of course am here with a work visa.

In true Islam, the Hadiths state, when a man and woman love each other and want to marry, let them marry and be swift about it. If not, temptation and sins will surely set in. Is this the right interpretation? You need the woman's consent, the mans consent, and the legal guardians consent and two witnesses, in order to get married in Islam. Is this correct as well? Or do I remember wrongly? This is suppose to be the birth place and the Land of Islam, but they do not follow the rules of Islam. They merely take the parts they like and use them and ignore the rest.

where can we get married here in Saudi, so all of her friends and family may witness the marriage (while we are waiting for permission from the Saudi Government) and then travel to another country and get a real marriage license, so we may travel abroad as husband and wife? If we choose that route.

Please give me all the advice and different ways of getting married here, so I may sit with her and her family and decide the best course of action.

I would like for us to be married soon, so we can travel to America during the Christmas and New Years Holidays and meet everyone in my family. Plus take her snow skiing in Colorado, she really wants to see snow and in Louisiana, where I am from, it doesn't snow.

Thank you for all of your time and efforts in helping us. We hope to hear some good information from you soon.

Regards,

Ahmed & Ashwaq

You might find this link helpful:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=256295

Good luck!

Asslam alykum 

I don't know about the procedures when marrying to foreigners . I guess the above link is helpful Insha Allah . as being Saudi myself I would like to ask you please
what is it like to be Muslim Saudi woman in US ? is it easy to live there ?

I appreciate any information in that regarding

May Allah make it easy on you ( Ahmad and Ashwaq) and grant you happy marriage

No answer yet
may be i should creat new thread about my question

well ,, for saudi woman living in US , i would like to say that i have not seen any problem there . i lived in US for 2 years and saw many saudi muslim ladies doing fine there.

Thanks

Brother, I live in Makkah. I'm from south east mississippi.

Hi Anthonyalghamdi, welcome to the forum.

This is an old thread. Please consider creating your own thread while introducing yourself so that you might get some interaction.

All the best,
Bhavna