Utrecht area

Hi everyone, I recenty moved to the Netherlands and IŽve been looking for a job for sometime now. IŽve been living with some friends of mine in this area(zeist), and recently got the VCA certificate. IŽm a bit in urgent need of a job and would appreciate any directions of where and how should I apply my strenght looking for a job. Thank you all up front!

Hello JSkald.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In which sector are you looking for work?
What are your qualifications?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you Aurelie, I have but the 12 grade of schooling. I speak Portuguese and English fluently and I have a good understanding/speaking of the spanish language. IŽve had many types of jobs and with the VCA certificate that have now I would probably be looking for jobs in the industrial area, any type of industrial area really, or other that I could do. My ultimate goal would be to be able to attend universatie in a year or two.
thank you for your reply Aurélie!!
JSkald

Hi.
I also have recently moved to Holland and talked to a least half a dozen job placement agencies. So far I found one called, Undutchables, to be the most professional and helpful.

Here is their link:

undutchables.nl/

I found the website a bit confusing at first. After I filled out a profile, I got an e-mail the next day to set up a face to face interview. They have offices all over it looks like, even in Utrecht at the base of the city tower.

It's crazy hard to find a job, so I hope this helps!

Good luck!

I don't want to disappoint you but with the financial crisis at this moment and the fact that many people get fired, I think you don't have a change, specially when you don't speak Dutch.
What you can do is focus to learn the language, meet people and who knows what happened then.