Work? I'm a recent college grad looking into moving to the DR!

Welcome to the forum!!!!  To be brutally honest it will be next to impossible to find any paid position before you are actually here.  For some reason that is just the way it works.

That being said, there is work here.  You will need to get your residencia which will allow you to work in any company. Fewer and fewer companies allow expats to work without this.

You can easily get a job in a call center while you look for what you really want to do!

Planner is right you need to be "boots on the ground" to find any kind of job and decent ones are far and few between.

Have you been here before?  If not you should plan on a month of two to explore the various parts of the country to see if any areas "fit" for you as well as what kind of jobs exists.

Pardon my manners :) ....welcome to the forum

Bob K

You are welcome. Good luck and let us know if you need other information.

Bob K

Hi Cindy, im Casper. I moved here a couple of months ago from Denmark. You should come here with a good load of money so you will have some time to find a job while being here. Anyway, write me when you arrive and we can get together to talk if you like. Take care

Casper