Expat.com Monthly Get-Together in Muscat!

VidoDido wrote:
Rammy87 wrote:

Ummm..... Saturday..... I might be a touch late as I have to fulfill my responsibilities of being a chess teacher :)

Master, Keep in touch and let me know what time you gonna make it  ;)

As a good chess master I have to strategize properly, I have already taken care of my duties and will be attending on the dot..... :)

By the way, we carried out the fire fighting engineering for that Tower..... Just dont go about testing the system :P

VidoDido wrote:
hexebella wrote:

:sosad: 50/50 for me............Sunday is first day of the week, 10pm my bedtime :sosad:
Just out of curiosity, why 8PM is the favorite timing?

That's why I was trying to let you propose the date and time to make sure that it suits you. But anyway, you may pop in for some time and leave whenever you wish to catch your bed time. Let me know if you gonna make it!

Why its 8:00PM?!!! You will know the answer when we meet up  :D:P

Will not "try" but will do my best to pop in.......then will be the first to leave  :cheers:

Did you guys really meet on saturday ?
I just logged in and remembered it was a meet....  lol :D

I hope it didn't work out.... so we're gonna move next week....!!!

schaz wrote:

Yes, we have met yesterday as planned :-)

VidoDido wrote:
schaz wrote:

Yes, we have met yesterday as planned :-)

Yes, we did....architect schaz????

Vido thanks for the catchup on Saturday... on a serious note I think we should stop posting the meet-ups on the forum, it doesnt cater to the intended purpose and people take it too casually at time...... Lets stick to the PMs

Oh too bad I missed the gathering... Anyway, have a good day everyone!

Rammy87 wrote:

Vido thanks for the catchup on Saturday... on a serious note I think we should stop posting the meet-ups on the forum, it doesnt cater to the intended purpose and people take it too casually at time...... Lets stick to the PMs

No, We should not at all stop posting the meet-ups update on the forum as there could be any new comer who would intend to join up with us. The gathering is not "Owned" by us but everyone. Hence, it should be posted every month, whether someone joins or not.

Hexe!
What do u mean architect ? Im not Lau :D

Vido!
I didn't check the update and missed it, however i just request if you could send me a whatsapp msg, it would be a big big help in the future  ;)

Rammy87 wrote:

It was nice to see you my friend, and thanks a lot to hexebella and yourself for coming. I always enjoy meeting you all of you.

The call for a meet up is just a pure personal initiative to keep in touch with the active members on the forum, I appreciate a lot whoever make it to the meeting and I feel grateful for the time they cut from their daily schedule to make it happen.

I will try to keep arranging those events; but that's for sure is subject to my availability and the availability of those willing to join us; side meetings are always possible as I'm always up for a cup, just let me know and we can arrange that accordingly.

schaz wrote:

No, We should not at all stop posting the meet-ups update on the forum as there could be any new comer who would intend to join up with us. The gathering is not "Owned" by us but everyone. Hence, it should be posted every month, whether someone joins or not.

Thanks bro for you note, I just tend to disagree with your statement that "It should be posted every month, whether someone joins or not" ... My time (I'm using "my" Since I'm the one who calls for those meetings) is quite valuable, and I do expect from my friends to respect that. When you organize a meet up and no one shows up; its quite frustrating. I do organize those meetings just to catch up with those of you whom I know, giving the chance to the new comers to join us. At the end of the day those meetings will only survive if everyone buy into the process, take the initiative and organize those events where possible.

schaz wrote:

Vido!
I didn't check the update and missed it, however i just request if you could send me a whatsapp msg, it would be a big big help in the future  ;)

Hey busy man, a note on your smartphone calendar will do the job, and will give you thousands of reminders as you wish. Relying on my personal memory might drive you to keep missing those events  :lol:;)

schaz wrote:
Rammy87 wrote:

Hexe!
What do u mean architect ? Im not Lau :D

Vido!

I know this is slightly going off-topic but whats the point of simply putting up something with the expectation that no-one / very few would turn up ?? You can't argue with me on the fact that its only a handful that turn up and we haven't been able to expand to anything else other than coffee meets... which as of matter of fact have turned into a monotonous affair. Whatever happened to the wadi-bashing and the desert trips that we talked about in the first gathering  :/

Brrrrrrrrrrr!! Looks like all the guns towards me :D ,,..!!!

Guys!
Ok... lets plan a camping trip for 1 day......!! Let me decide the place and date................. and then will arrange the other things!!!   lets do it now..... !!!!

Who's with me then ?

serious apologies for not making it and not even posting anything about it. Left from office on Thursday and got so occupied with things that didn't even checked the forum.

Agree with you guys that it is your personal time but also agree with Schaz that you guys started this to bring in more people - though as I understand it didn't really work that way yet.

personally, i think my whatsoever limited response is there on the forum is because all of you are always there and very inclusive of new people. :)

schaz wrote:

Guys!
Ok... lets plan a camping trip for 1 day......!! Let me decide the place and date................. and then will arrange the other things!!!   lets do it now..... !!!!

Who's with me then ?

I'm in..... irrespective of the day and time..... this is one event I should not miss  ;)

Rammy87 wrote:

So let's plan our korean barbeque dinner, shall we do it this month? Let's agree on the date and PM each other

schaz wrote:

Guys!

Who's with me then ?

Who's the architect and who's the engineer????? :lol:

Ello bella m in here as well !!

schaz wrote:

Guys!

Who's with me then ?

I'm in Schaz. DO something peeps, time to walk the talk.

I propose 14th March (friday). Place has to be decided.

Leave in the noon and come back on saturday (15th) morning. Please advise.

Silence ??

:one

schaz wrote:

Silence ??

Ha ha ha... I thought I confirmed my participation..... anyways, I re-confirm.... if Shaz organises something I'll be there.

Rammy87 wrote:
schaz wrote:

Silence ??

Ha ha ha... I thought I confirmed my participation..... anyways, I re-confirm.... if Shaz organises something I'll be there.

Oye fatty  :dumbom:
You don't need to pop-in again and again  :P

I'm awaiting confirmation from the others.... I know you and Lau are the first in and never out from the plan ;) Its about the date confirmation so that it should be agreed mutually....!!

:offtopic:  I think we had an argument on those same lines....... I'll just put it down to your ignorance, due to not attending the gatherings..... I'm a leaner, MEANER and fitter   :mad::D

Yaa , You hear me !!  :cheers:

Coming "On topic", the date should be confirmed. Once it is done, then we can work out on the place, which i'll further  discuss with Vido via meeting him in between.

Vido! I'm awaiting your response.

P.S, whoever wills to join, he/she is more than welcome as it will be the first ever camp for the Oman EB members.

I'm in as well!

rahul2685 wrote:

Ello bella m in here as well !!

Woo hoooo!!!! come down here and join the EB gang!!!

schaz wrote:

I propose 14th March (friday). Place has to be decided.

Leave in the noon and come back on saturday (15th) morning. Please advise.

sounds good for me. I'm in.

Guys,
I'm proposing a slight change in the plan. Unfortunately I'm travelling out of the country from 2nd March till 18th March. Hence, the plan of 14th will not be possible.

Lets shift the plan (Or EXTEND) to 21st or 28th March. Please, your suggestion and advises!!!

I'm ok, I can wait.

Hi guys! We are not living in Muscat yet, but we should be doing soon (2-3 months?) When we move there we will love to meet you if you want some newcomers, so don't make these meetings private just yet! Just on thing, with us come attached a toddler and a baby, so not all events will be suitable for us (and I'm sure you don't want them in all your meetings) so we might not go from the first one.

Looking forward to beeing there!

BTW, where in Oman do you live?

Fellas,
I'm back in town now.... landed yesterday. How's everyone out here and hope the things moving fine. So lets plan up to patch up and......  further...!! Awaiting your responses.

@ Asun Tfe-Bcn!
Sure, you're more than welcome to join the EB - Oman team.

Hello, a very good initiative. I hope to see you all !

Dear Ram.

I come to know a get together planned... Please let me know the venu & time for coming  get together .

@Cool: As of now, there are no future socials planned on the forums, however, please feel free to post a gathering at a suitable venue and I am sure people will turn up.

Thanks.....

Rammy

Hello everyone,

We feel that you are all interested in a future gathering ;)

So, all that we need is a date, time and place.

We will then be happy to help you organise this meeting in order to make new acquaintance.

We await your suggestions :)

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Lets go food trip woooo hoooo!

hexebella wrote:

Hexe, we definitely should the last couple of trips have been fascinating..... do let me know when you plan the next one..... :)

Rammy87 wrote:
hexebella wrote:

Hexe, we definitely should the last couple of trips have been fascinating..... do let me know when you plan the next one..... :)

What about next weekend, if most of the gang is available........
What about Thai food at Thai Corner or we can go back to the Korean Villa for more Korean BBQ
Any other suggestion is most welcome!

Hello, :cheers:

Do i still have my chair with you friends  :unsure