Watch BBC iPlayer and ITV online in Shanghai ?

Hi, i'm going to move to Shanghai next Wednesday from Wales, probably for 1-2 years. I am sure I will miss the TV programmes of BBC iPlayer, ITV and 4oD, will VPN work in Shanghai ? and any good suggestion ?

Hi Candy, welcome to Shanghai : ) Some VPNs work well, many are blocked or very slow. I have tried a few like ukproxy, uktvstream, but they are too slow.

My friend recommends UKUSTVPanda dot com to me a few months ago and so far it's still working alright and I can get access to Hulu TV, Facebook and Youtube as well. I guess you probably want to use Facebook in Shanghai as well. First get a good broadband when you arrive Shanghai and then you can join the 10-day free trial of UKUSTVPanda to see if it's working well for you. I'm with CMCC (China Mobile) broadband at home and the TV streaming is fine.

Thanks Rachel68, UKUSTVPanda .com works quite well for me, I'm with China Telcom broadband at home. It took me a bit time to connect to the VPN server but once it connects, i was able to watch BBC iPlayer and Hulu TV in Shanghai. It seems much more stable than another VPN I used much earlier. Thanks again!