Teaching in Toulouse either in a school as an assistant or privately

Hi there,

I'm probably moving to Toulouse in September and I already have a job secured teaching English to children through families who hire me; however the hours are quite low and I'm looking to teach more either in a school as an assistant or privately. I already have quite a lot of experience teaching though I haven't yet acquired a CELTA or TEFL certificate, I shall look to do this in the summer hopefully.
Could anyone in Toulouse give me any helpful leads about from pole emploi etc? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Oliver

Hi Oliver.
I've seen you've sent me a private message as well but I'll post here in case the info is useful to other teachers looking for work in Toulouse. I run a Facebook page called 'EFL Teachers in  Toulouse'. If you send a request to join, I'll add you to it. The quickest way to get info on all this EFL teaching in Toulouse is to post there. Jobs get advertised, ideas shared, queries answered.
The TEFLToulouse Cert course is a great course. I used to train on it and can thoroughly recommend it. Intensive, stressful but totally comprehensive - a CELTA course in everything but name. Worth it if you can afford the time and the money! If you already having EFL teaching experience though and haven't got 1500€ to throw about, you could look in to TKT courses at The Cambridge Centre in Blagnac (just outside Toulouse) -  cheaper and less time consuming, but obviously not as comprehensive. Might be of interest.
All the best,
Emma

That's all very helpful, thanks a lot Emma

Hello Oliver.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Toulouse forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
Aurélie