Hepatitis C testing, and residence visa in Kuwait

Hi,

I wish to know if it is possible to get a residence visa in Kuwait if you have the Hepatitis C antibody, but are PCR negative?

Are they smart enough to test for the Hepatitis C virus PCR, or do they just test for the antibody and reject you based on that?

Hello passionfruit.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hello passionfruit and Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Yes they do test and Kuwait health Ministry equipped with the latest sophisticated medical equipment.

Moo,

have you had experience with PCR test in Kuwait?

Are you sure they do a PCR for Hepatitis C?

Or do they just do the antibody test?

So, where are you now?.. Did you get a job in Kuwait?

Guys, and really, if somebody have the Hepatitis C antibody, but are PCR negative, it is possible to get a residence permit in Kuwait?..

Hello,

As far as I know, a positive or reactive test result for hepatitis c will unfortunately restrict you from attaining a visa.

The health department knows the difference between exposure to hep c and actually being infected, but they apparently consider both cases unfit to apply for a visa and will not provide further blood tests if antibodies are detected.

Again, it's been a while since I updated my info, so I urge you to visit their website at Kuwait Government Online, under the headings "business", then "human resources".

If you do find a definite answer, please let us know so that others may benefit.

Good luck!

Hi Passionfruit!

Yes.  'They' are smart enough and as Moo said it, our Ministry of Health is indeed occupied with the latest sophisticated medical equipment.

I wish you well..

Sir hcv me nonreactive 7 he to  muje allow karenge

Hi Ajay panchal,

Welcome to Expat.com

Could you please post in english only so that everyone can understand your posts.

Thank you

Chris
Expat.com