Travelling to Madagascar

Hi All,
i'm living in Mauritius and i have a plan to discover the area. If somebody already visited(Madagascar, South-Africa), i would be glad to get some experiences. And if you planning to travel around, let me know maybe we can travel together. :)

Cheers,
Alex

This will help you with Madagascar :)http://wikitravel.org/en/Madagascar

What would you like to know about South Africa?

Hi! It should be very interesting, but I think it's pretty expensive to fly there, although Madagascar not so far from Mauritius. If anybody know how to get there cheaper? Maybe by ship?
I realize that it's not Europe with lowcost airlines, but maybe there are exist some variants...

@Korn: as i hears SA a bit dangerous place, you have to be very careful where and when are you going. I would like to get info what is worth to check there, and those infos what are can't be found in books and articles. I'm interested in Cape Town.

@Olga17: i've already checked the ticket prices, if i compare to a european tour it's much more cheaper. Madagascar available from approx. 10-12 000Rs. SA with promotion 15-20 000Rs. It's true, not a cheap thing like in Europe.

Madagascar is a beautiful place but believe me if I could I'd rather live in Mauritius. There is no government here in Madagascar for the moment though.

Interesting information. There will be elections in the near future? Maybe it adviseable to schedule the journy,  when this issue is stabilazed...

When I worked on my previous job in Russia, Our company would like to reward employees journey to Madagascar. But at the last moment changed the selection to Zanzibar. It was two years ago, Madagascar was dangerous, even in the hotel.

Hi Siyya,
I think you can be the right person who could give me some inner information about the situation, what is going on in Madagascar at the moment. I'd be glad, if you put in some sentences your opinion.
Which part of your country is worth to visit?

Chers,
Alex

Most tourists go to Cape town and it is safe. Obviously don't walk alone at night in dark streets etc and avoid the townships.

I'm not agree,I know tourism situation and I can say that now Madagascar is quiet. The problem is that the media exaggerate the informations about the island. It's not like in 2009. Tourism is growing .. In some areas the planes are full. Wherever you go in the world, anywhere is totally safe. You just need to be careful! I don't say that because it's my country, but because I know the tourism situation, I move in all madagascar many times and I work in hôtel like marketing agent so I never advice someone to go there if it's not good for them;

about political crise... I'm not afraid for that, malagasy people could be angry but they never come in hotels or hurt foreigners. It's our war so that's for us. I never heard someone say that because of that he has a problem.