Looking for employment in south Sudan

Hi,
My domain is finance/accounting (Bsc, MA) with good experience in working SAP and i would like for employment in the area as i am fascinating by the idea of working and living in a place with high development rate. I am looking mainly for oil/gas or mining company.     
So, could you please suggest to me companies or employment agencies are which recruiting foreigners.

Ps: my intentions are serious, as already 7 years live abroad (last 2 years in Romania)

There is no work in mining,oil or gas in South Sudan that I know of. 
You are best to do an online search for work in south sudan.

USAID do a lot of work south sudan as does UN. There are also NGO's in Juba.

I worked there for 3 years with UNOPS and USAID.

I am currently exploring job opportunities. I always respected the idea of working in a competitive atmosphere and been looking for an opportunity to express my prospective. I am MS (Accounting & Finance, UK) currently working for Falcon Group (South Sudan) as Finance Manager having 9+ years of Commercial experience with varied businesses like Trading, Manufacturing, Construction & Health services give my profile a definite advantage. References and any other information you require shall promptly be provided upon your request.

I would be happy to have a preliminary discussion with you or members of your team to see if we can establish a common interest.

With Regards,
Haroon Akhtar
[email protected]
South Sudan : 00211956490490 / 00211927444833

I currently hold the position of Human Resource Manager with the African Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP). Some of my achievements at ACHAP include the following:

1.    I received an award for  “Recognition of Exceptional Performance in 2012”
2.    I have successfully headed strategic projects such as compensation management, recruitment outsourcing and employee retention, succession planning and change management.
3.    I successfully advocated for a consultancy to improve ACHAP's institutional efficiency by profiling jobs, conducting a job evaluation exercise, designing appropriate grading and salary structures, and development of a performance management system (PMS). Post the completion of the consultancy, my team provided an in-house refresher exercise to help managers carry out performance reviews.
4.    I successfully motivated for the need for an Executive Management Development and Coaching Program which was well received by all participants.
5.    The HR Department developed and administered a climate survey, which I played a leading role in.   As a cost cutting measure the survey was developed, validated and administered internally with the assistance of the Monitoring Research and Evaluation Department using one of the world's leading providers of web-based survey solutions known as the Monkey Survey Center.
6.    In May-June 2012 I coordinated the restructuring and retrenchment exercise, and the change management process.

My experience as HR manager, Training and Development Manager, Acting Head of Human Resources and Administration and acting Head of Capacity and Development in different companies has provided me with the breadth and depth to deal with many issues that do arise in an organization. For instance:

1.    As a one person HR Department at the Non Banking Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA), I successfully set up the Human Resources Department; this included developing Human Resources Management processes, policies the HR Strategy etc.  I also handled a very sensitive disciplinary case involving very senior members of staff, where the organization had to engage external consultants to hear the case. Unfortunately the staff members were dismissed; however in their appeal briefs they stated that the process was fair and procedural and that the HR Department had handled the case very well.

2.    At the Botswana Telecommunication Corporation (BTC) I held positions of Training and Development Manager, Acting Head of Human Resources and Administration for the mobile phone company beMOBILE and acting Head of Capacity and Development respectively. Some of my achievements were:  setting up the HR Department for the newly formed beMOBILE; member of the task force that was negotiating with the Unions regarding the exit packages for BTC employees during the 2007 to 2008 restructuring exercise, facilitating staff exists as well as managing the change management process and initiated the accreditation and commercialization of the BTC Training School.

As outlined in my cover letter and the attached resume, my skills set demonstrates my ability to lead through effective strategic planning and implementation of projects expeditiously; reflecting clear understanding of the challenges and pressures surrounding the position and expertise in the coordination and management of the Human Resources  function and staff welfare programmes.

Studying abroad and working for an International NGO as Human Resources Manager has given me valuable experience and international exposure and awareness of cultural differences and ethnic diversity thus developing my appreciation of and advancing my communication and people management skills, more especially the capacity to adapt to new and challenging environments.

Hi mmama

Can you please post you resume in the Jobs section :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Am Charles Taban in Juba south Sudan, i hold certificate in Journalism am interested to work for any media house in South Sudan
am also good in print media operating web machine, please could you connect me to the media houses in south Sudan?
Thanks

Any jobs for mechanical engineering?

A Google search may help any of you find a job.
To be honest it is difficult to find any work there unless you find a position with an NGO,UN or USAID. 

For these positions you must have the necessary qualifications.

The govt is in virtual shutdown and corruption is rife.

Unemployment is high, wages are low.

I AM SPECIAL OPERATING THEATRE NURSE AS WELL AS  HEALTH OFFICER/PUBLIC HEALTH WORKER, I HAVE MORE THAN 25 YEARS OPF WORK EXPERIENCE IN OPERATING THEATRE, CLINICAL AREA,  AND NURSING SCHOOL LECTURER etc...
SO THAT  I WANT TO WORK IN SOUTH  SUDAN ION MY PROFESSION !!!!
THANKS

Hi Teshale,

Can you please avoid posting with caps lock on the forum. So as it ease the reading and that the members can understand your post :/

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

@Haroonkhan807

Hello sir!

@justine ahaar

Thia is a really old (2013) post so do not expect a reply.

Closed