B Work Permit Application Process

Hello,I have received the work permit B from the Belgium authorities,How long does it takes to process the Long term visa application for Belgium from New Delhi?

Generally it takes 1 week,let me know your experience

Max a week from my experience and from friends'

Thanks for your prompt reply ,earlier when i applied for a Long term French visa the processing time was 7 working days.

Actually i called the VFS office in New Delhi for Long term visa they said it can take upto minimum 1 month,is there any change in the procedure recently? because i already have the work permit.

Actually i called the VFS office in New Delhi for Long term visa they said it can take upto minimum 1 month,is there any change in the procedure recently? because i already have the work permit.

Hello,I have received the work permit B from the Belgium authorities,How long does it takes to process the Long term visa application for Belgium from New Delhi?

let me know your experience

Actually i called the VFS office in New Delhi for Long term visa they said it can take upto minimum 1 month,is there any change in the procedure recently? because i already have the work permit

Last year in May I got in 3days, don't know now
good luck

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on obtaining my work permit for the Brussels region.  I'm a bit nervous, so I would greatly appreciate someone's input. 

I'm a Canadian recent graduate with a master's degree, and I've received an offer from a firm in Brussels.  I have sent all the documents they have requested of me (including the medical certificate), and I believe they have submitted an application to the Belgian authorities for a type B work permit, presumably as a "highly skilled worker".

My understanding is I should expect this to take 4-6 weeks to process. 

Can anyone comment on the likelihood of the permit being rejected? 

Thanks so much! :)

Hello Spinnicer
Most likely you will get the work permit in 2-3 weeks; I haven't seen any work permit rejected if you have a job offer & you have applied through highly skilled worker. I am not sure if current situation in Brussels change anything.
Kind regards

spinnicer wrote:

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on obtaining my work permit for the Brussels region.  I'm a bit nervous, so I would greatly appreciate someone's input. 

I'm a Canadian recent graduate with a master's degree, and I've received an offer from a firm in Brussels.  I have sent all the documents they have requested of me (including the medical certificate), and I believe they have submitted an application to the Belgian authorities for a type B work permit, presumably as a "highly skilled worker".

My understanding is I should expect this to take 4-6 weeks to process. 

Can anyone comment on the likelihood of the permit being rejected? 

Thanks so much! :)

If the organization applied for B type WP, it is going to be surely approved (99%). Dont worry.. It sometimes takes 2-3 weeks as mentioned in the previous comment.

Thank you Raj and Aneesh!

That reduces my anxiety quite a bit - I appreciate your replies. 

All the best :D

Hello Guys,

My employer said that I will get the work permit this week. But my PCC is no done yet. Can you please help me with 2 questions?
1. How long does it take (normally) to get the PCC after police verification?
2. How long does it take to get the visa from date of application (applying in Chennai)?

hi,

I am Ramana From Blore, I have employment offer from belgium I.R.I.S. they have send some documents regarding  work permit, through mail :

1.       ‘formulaire demande d'autorisation': I should complete it

2.       ‘feuille de renseignement' : Ishould complete and sign it

and the documents are in french language.For both documents, they are saying that I have to go to Local communal administration (maison communale) in order to get the signature of the mayor (bourgmestre). I dont know where i can get those signatures to get, and i dont know which department comes in to this catogiry, So I requesting here to give me any details or information on how i can fill and  move forward for workpermit procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ram

Hi Ramana,

I assume your (future) employer is applying B type work permit for you. As far as I know, paperwork for this type of work permit must be handled by the company itself. You may have to provide educational certificates, CV, passport copy, photographs, etc, but whatever paperwork or supporting documents they have to get from Belgium, they normally arrange it themselves.

Moreover the documents you mentioned and attestation from the commune, etc can be obtained for ppl who are already residents here. Without a residence permit or valid stay visa, you cannot approach the commune and ask them to attest some documents for you.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
Aneesh

Thank you very mych for the information.

Regards,
Ramana

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks for the reply, i have updated to the employer that i am in India.

They have sent new documents "DEMANDE D'AUTORISATION D'OCCUPER UN TRAVAILLEUR ETRANGER" and in that i can see most of the details need to be updated by Employer and few are from my side as traveler or worker..

Can you please help me on review that document. Can i get your contact number pls to check out these issues. I am really confused how to fill the documents.

//Ramana.

From what you described, your organization seems to have offered you a position assuming you are already in Belgium, now realize you are not and doing the paperwork ?

They don't seem to be experienced in doing this (hiring from outside the EU). In this kind of hiring, it is the company's responsibility to do all paperwork for securing a work permit (B) for their potential new hire.

Anyway, as they asked you to fill in some details, let us see what we can gather.

I can PM you my email ID. You may send me the form. I am no expert on this, but happy to help as far as I can.

HI Annesh,

I have sent a test mail if please reply to that i will send the document which they asked to sign.

//Ramana.

Hi,

These documents must be filled by the company HR.
Write to them clearly that you are in India and can't do the paper work. In the same mail, ask for the list of documents required for your work permit. Normally the HR in contact with you will reply to you with the list.

Hi all,

I have a job offer from a company in Belgium and they're willing to apply for a Work Permit B for me, but they don't have any experience in it, so maybe someone here can help me.

As far as I can see I have 2 options - apply for a traineeship permit or a 'non-classified' permit. I have several questions on both:

For the trianeeship permit:
I have a bachelor's degree in business administration and a master's degree in finance and banking.  The company that wants to hire me needs me for writing, marketing, event planning, etc. Will this interfere with me getting the work permit? The company does deal with investors... Basically, I'm not sure how much of a justification they need for the traineeship.

Has anyone had an experience getting this type of permit?

For the non-classified permit:
Is there any way to avoid a 3-4 month waiting period after the initial denial and appeal? Like if the company lists sufficient reasons for why they want to hire me specifically?

For example, I have already been interning for them for several months (I'm in Belgium now on a short-term 3-month visa, which they gave me without a work permit). Before coming, I was also working with them remotely. Could they claim that they've already spent time training me and it wouldn't be cost-effective for them to start looking for someone else for the position? Or could they say that they need somebody to start immediately and don't have the time to train someone else? Or something similar?

Also, even if the labor market test goes in my favor, Belgium still does not have an employment agreement with my country (Georgia), will this still be a problem?

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Hi,

My work permit application has been submitted by the consultant of my employer 6 working days ago. I have a salary that is a few thousand eur above the minimum for highly skilled workers. I am given the position of a manager. My company is an international firm with 5 offices in Belgium. I have over 10 years of experience in the IT domain. Do you think the application will go through? I am currently stressed out due to this.

Thanks

Hi,

I am from India and I have already received my WP. My start data in the WP says 17th April, 2017.

I still need to get my Visa Stamping done (bio-metrics etc.)

What is the time-frame or number of days beyond which i cannot enter Belgium? Is there a limit on the validity of the WP or I need to travel to Belgium within 60 days or 90 days from the WP stamping date.

Can someone please reply.

Regards
Anuj

Hi,
I am not sure I understand your question. From my understanding, the date on the work permit is the date we start work in Belgium. And it is usually the date of the VISA stamp. So i don't know how you can have your permit now but the date is 17 April? I suggest you call your company and verify.

Thank you.

I see you posted the same question in two threads. I will reply in the other one. Let us post in any one thread :) That is normally enough !

Hi Everyone,

I have received my offer from a Belgian company close to Brussels.  I have been living in and recently completed my master's degree from France. I have submitted my medical certificate for WP from France. My question is: My current French visa expires by September 10th and I have to return to India. After my WP is couriered from Belgium to France, I have to return to India with the WP. So can I apply for type D Belgian visa from India?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Yes, as you have a residence permit in France, you can apply for your d type visa in the Belgian consulate in Paris.

Thank you aneeshks for your reply. There is one more thing I would like to know if you could help me. I have been told by the HR to get a medical certificate from France. I have asked the HR if I need to get the medical certificate from any authorized practitioner registered with Belgian embassy. HR has replied it could be any Generalist doctor in France.

I know that in countries outside Europe, there are specific doctors mentioned. In Europe is it fine with any certified doctor? Because I was going through the process on the http://www.werk.be/online-diensten/werk … -aanvragen where it is mentioned Medical certificate outside European Economic must be provided by authorized practitioners. Could you help me out on this.

Thanks
Rahul Rathod

Yes. Just go to any general practitioner and get a medical certificate . That will be enough.

Thanks a lot, anneshks.   :)

Hi,

I have submitted my Medical certificate to the Belgium employer. They should start the process by end of this week. They are saying the process may take 4 weeks. But there are chances that by the end of 4 weeks, my visa expires in France. I wanted to ask from general experience, the work permit processing time taken is 4 weeks or will it be quicker?

Thank you
Rahul Rathod

Hi, I applied for D visa from UAE after getting the work permit, do you think it will take the same time? I mean a week?

Hi Aneesh,

I will be getting my Visa done from Vfs India. The required documents for the visa are:

1. Work Permit
2. medical certificate
3. PCC
4. Passport
5. Visa Application.

My question was should the PCC and Medical Certificate are needed to be apostiled and translated to French language?

Your feedback will be valuable.

Thank you :)

Best,
Rahul Rathod

updates?

Hi,

I have a question regarding registration in City hall Belgium. I have work permit B and I have applied for a long stay visa D from India. Do I need to have birth certificate apostilled to be registered at the city hall or just my work permit B would be sufficient?

I have previously lived for 2 years in France, for which I have an apostilled birth certificate. Is that apostilled document sufficient which is 2 years old?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Rahul Rathod

Normally you don't need a birth certificate to register in local town hall here in Belgium. Your passport and work permit, proof of accommodation etc are the key documents. Town hall can ask extra documents but have not heard any town hall asking for birth certificate for a person with work permit, for the registration process.

Thank you for your reply :)

Hello,
I work in an IT firm in India and my company has applied for a Long term Work permit for Belgium. The WP was filed on the 10th of August 2017 and I am yet to receive my WP approval form. The last I heard was that the WP is approved and is pending with the commune. This was couple of weeks ago. I'm constantly chasing my company's immigration team but with no luck. I'm nervous for two reasons: 1. I am anxious because of the long wait 2. There are people who applied after me and have got their WP. Can anyone ease my worry by shedding some light on why is it taking so long for my WP to be issued. Is there anyone with a similar situation as mine.

My employer had applied for the work permit in December. It's been a month and i've not received the permit yet.

Looking forward for your help!!

There is nothing you can do but wait :)

Only your employer can follow up on the application and I am sure they do. Just wait for the approval !

All the best !!

Thank you Aneesh , yeah I'm waiting - fingers crossed.

Got different information from different websites and little unclear on the actual processing time.

1. http://www.cvtips.com/job-search/how-to … lgium.html
A work permit is generally issued after about 3 to 4 weeks. The processing time can however differ a bit from one region to another (with a maximum of 5 weeks processing time).

2. https://www.werk.be/en/work-permits/wor … /how-apply
When the application is complete and meets all the requirements, the Department of Economic Migration will issue an employment permit and send it to the employer in question or his agent, in principle within 10 working days.

3. http://www.emigra.com/country-profiles/ … y-profile/
Step One: Work Permit Type B Application
Processing Time: Four (4) to six (6) weeks

Looking at the above points , I should have received the permit by this time(more than 5 weeks), thinking that the delay could be due to Christmas & New year vacation.