What Bank Do You Use?

What banks are there in Cairo? If I move there...will I have to get a local bank so that I don't get raked over the coals on international fees? Are the local banks like American Banks? Do they issue debit cards and give out credit cards or do you just stay with your visa and all that from the states?

That's one of the funniest message i have ever seen :)
Since you are planning to live in Cairo, you need to know more about the country. Anything you will see in America you will find there, don't worry :)
There are: Citi Bank, BNP Paribas, HSBC ,etc all the banks
credit cards and debit cards are found in all the countries in the world. By the way if you open an account in HSBC usa it has nothing to do with any HSBC in any country in the world, unless you are a premier customer.
Bank fees are very cheap and the local banks are exactly same as international. Some banks are better in case of service, rates ..etc like citi bank is very good if you use your credit card abroad, because they charge a less commission rate than other banks.

I'm full of all kinds of funny omes...read some of my other cazy questions...thank yiu for the response...thats good info to know...