Football in Cologne

Hey all,

I'm looking to join a football team in Cologne (or nearby) and finding it a bit, impossible!

Does anyone have info about 5-a-side, or 7-a-side, or even 11-a-side teams looking for players in and around the Cologne area? Pub teams, Sunday teams, anything like that at all.

I'd like to train and play regularly and my hours are really flexible. Ideally with English speakers but its not essential: football's a universal game after all :P

Any ideas, please reply here or even drop me a pm.

Cheers,
Steve.

This is harder than I thought! :P

Hi Steve,

did you find a club in then end? I'm currenlty looking for one too :)
Phil

Hey Phil!

Nope still nothing :( It's really frustrating! :-/

Hi!

we are no team but playing every saturday at 5 p.m. I know that some of the guys are training in a team and they are looking for new players.
So if you want to warm up and talk with them about the team, join us.

Most of us are spanish but there are other nationalities as well

this is the event for this weekend.

facebook.com/events/434892646626233/

All people is welcome

Cheers!

Hi

i used to play in a football club and a friend used to play also.
it depend what you are looking for hobby or competition .there is a lot of football clun everywhere.
community.fussball.de/de/amateur/index.html
you can play on normal liga or there is a Hobby liga
if you are under 30 you can play at campus sport at the uni
but german sport isn't social or very just for fun in general.
if you are looking for english speaker come to play rugby ;)

Hi guys, thanks for the replies! Sorry it's taken time to reply, I've been away recently.

Jorgev, that sounds ideal, just what I'm looking for! I posted on the link for the previous event you posted above...I hope that's ok. Let me know when you guys will play next and I will definitely come.

You can contact me here or on fb, whichever is easier :) Thsnks!

Melanie, thanks for that link, it looks very useful! Initially I wanna play for fun, it's been a few months since I've played but I'm happy to play in league teams too once I get some fitness back :D

We are playing at 5 today. This is the FB event so come join us!

facebook.com/events/174228082760774/

we are playing at 5 today

facebook.com/events/166654690190037/

Hi. I am often in Cologne and interested in playing casual football even if it is just in the park.
Did you find any others who are interested?
Nick

Nick gilbert wrote:

Hi. I am often in Cologne and interested in playing casual football even if it is just in the park.
Did you find any others who are interested?
Nick

Hey Nick,

Have played a few times with Jorgev who posted above, but that looks like it's finished now, they don't play anymore I believe.

So the search continues! I really can't believe its so hard to get involved. Plus there seems to be a real lack of facilities here in NRW, definitely in Cologne. I'm really up for 5-a-side, but can't find anywhere to play. My lack of fluent German doesn't help.

If anyone knows of a 5-a-side facility, or 7's in Cologne please let me know as I'm sure we could manage 10 players for a regular kick-about.

Hey,

What's the story with this? Is there a 5aside up and running? I know of facilities in the city centre, on a roof top no-less.

I will be in cologne on a permanent basis from the 24th onwards and would love to get involved.

Thanks
Darach

If you are interested, have a look at the "Bunte Liga Köln" (you can find it via Google)

Hi there,

I am more into Volleyball and Table Tennis, but I would like to play soccer in the park from time to time.

A few colleagues of mine are interested as well.

Did you find some players in the meantime?

Best, David