Moving to Phnum Penh

My name is Bram and I am a 31yo guy from the north of England. I will be moving to Cambodia sometime in July and have joined this site to get advice and maybe find a couple of friends in Phnom Penh who might be able to stop me making really obvious mistakes. I hope to be teaching English while there, and I intend to stay for a couple of years. I understand that with my English and Classics degree (I also have a Drama degree, but who counts drama eh?) I should be able to make just about enough to sustain myself. I'll be looking to pick people brains on etiquette and customs, as well as getting local recommendations. I don't know what is important information but here's the disco version of me : Writer, drinker, pipe smoker, terrible dancer, worse painter, book hoarder, bongo player, knows nothing about sport, knows much about politics and religion.
Pleased to meet you :)

Hello mr Bram , I am channy who driving tuk tuk and taxi at phnom penh (cambodia ) I am flexible , helpful , what would you like to know about phnom penh ? [Moderated: Use your pm pls]
Thanks

Hello Bram,
I just read your post. Did you make the move to Cambodia in July?
I can't help you with any information, as I'm making the same move in February of 2014. 
It seems like we've got a lot in common, creative, book lover, interested in politics, religion.... I'm very interested in economics as well.
How did your job and housing search work out?  Like you, I'll be looking for English teaching jobs, as well as other jobs.
I'm just very curious to see how it all worked out.
I'm an American, currently living in Phoenix, AZ.
I'd love to hear your about your transition.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Bram! I am a bit newer than you (moved here in August) but can strongly recommend "Move to Cambodia", a book by Lina Goldberg. You may not be able to get it delivered here in PP, but you can get info from her website: http://www. movetocambodia.com/

More helpful websites are Khmer440.com, and BongThom.com, which is like a Craigslist for PP (classifieds).

How are you liking PP so far?