Possible to enroll child in US Private School - legal in Mauritius?

We homeschool in US and know it's not legal in Mauritius. However, we can enroll her in a US-based private school, where I basically homeschool, but she has teachers we interact with in US - Global Village School. Would that be legal in Mauritius?

Hi,

Technically, I think homeschooling is not here in Mauritius, if you are an expat. However, you will not be able to enroll other children.

What about this Global Village School? Is it registered here in Mru?

No, we would just teach our own daughter. Global Village School is a private school based in the US, but tons of people who travel or who live outside of the US use them.

It is possible to do it. Quite a few French families do it with their kids. One of the programs or organisations that is frequently mentioned is the "CNED" since they want to maintain the French curriculum.

One idea is to check with the people at the State Dept or even someone from the US Embassy in Port-Louis. With the UN agencies and the Diplomatic  corps personnel on the island, it is bound that some parents do use GVS, especially those who must relocate  every 3 or 4 yrs.

See the article/reply in last week's News On Sunday (Mauritius)which deals with the legality of home schooling in detail.

cheers

Thanks, I found the website, but couldn't find the article (even looked directly under education). Can you give a link? Thanks!
Michelle

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]