Paypal

sorry i couldn't find the topic we had going a while back about paypal....

just curious to know if anyone has found an alternative to paypal for receiving money since we cannot use paypal for this?

thanks!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=40960

so far, no real solution and this is a real issue for internet based businesses

Thanks, SonnyCrockett, but I don't yet read French :/

yes, Julien, agreed! 
I was told that if you have a credit card with a bank here in mauritius then you get paid into the credit card???  Not sure about this though...I have emailed paypal again to inquire. 
Last time I emailed them they said they were looking at opening up in the future :rolleyes:

purplepixie wrote:

Thanks, SonnyCrockett, but I don't yet read French :/

yes, Julien, agreed! 
I was told that if you have a credit card with a bank here in mauritius then you get paid into the credit card???  Not sure about this though...I have emailed paypal again to inquire. 
Last time I emailed them they said they were looking at opening up in the future :rolleyes:

Payment into your credit card account is not possible with all banks and also not with all types of credit cards. If you have an account with a local bank, you can contact them and inquire about their policies on cashback.

If not possible, then I fear you will have to make the regular arrangements for wire transfer.

purplepixie, is it for an internet business ?

MCB provides you a internet payment platform + payment links that you can send by email (paysmart.mu)

yes, Julien...as an affiliate - and they only have a pay via paypal option :/