Moving to Kuwait in August

Hi! My name is Beth and I'm moving to Kuwait at the end of summer...I'm just wondering what to expect and if there are certain things I should definitely include in my packing! I'm 25 and just finished University so this will be a VERY new/difference experience for me.

Hi Beth

like you moving to Kuwait in August from Scotland! have good friends who live in Newmarket and visit Canada most years.  You will have a great time once you have met fellow expats and get involved - enjoy the move.

bill

welcome both of you in advance :)

Beth, worry not. everything you could need is available here; if there are certain meds you are comfortable with (so long as you pack a prescription as a JiC) that should be fine. sunscreen/lotion/block you are used to, coz they dont back all brands here. cosmetics etc.

other than that, clothing, electronics, foodstuffs etc. all here.

Oh! if ur coming over from Ontario do be a dear and bring along some of those maple syrup cookies :P

Regards
Khaled

hello Khaled & welcome to Expat.com :)

please introduce yourself first, and do not share your personal mobile number on a public forum

legacy +1

Khaled, when you speak to someone for the 1st time, do you usually give your phone number before presenting yourself ?

don't forget to bring some Ice coz u will miss it :cool:

Hi Beth. I'm from Ontario too. It's a different experience but it will be a great one I'm sure. Expect nothing and everything will be a welcomed surprise.As for what to bring, bring lightweight clothing, do bring some of your fall gear as it can get cold in Kuwait in the "winter" months. Not as bad as back home, but a different bone-chilling dry cold. Then there's the daily A/C cold in the summer. lol. No booty shorts of course - unless worn inside your own place :) There are numerous Canadians around. Just gotta have the time and put effort into meeting them. I have no time but I have met some. They have most things here but it's much pricier than back home. I don't think they have Benadryl so if you have allergies, go to Costco and stock up. My friends here always ask for supply of it when I go back home. Um, no Tim Hortons yet (so bring a can of Timmys. lol. Or wait to go to Dubai). Um, what else? If you have more questions, feel free to message me and I'll try to help out as best as I can. :) Good luck. Be open to adventure and learning new things. Travel and living abroad is the best eye-opener/education a person can get.