Got an opportunity, How safe to live? Please suggest

Hi, I am in situation where I got an offer in Saudi Arabia, Dammam location is my client and this job is for long term position at Dammam in Saudi Arabia as an SAP Consultant. Now, I was thinking to take this opportunity as I have family (wife and 18months old kid) to live here. I am a hindu and vegitarian. I am not sure how will be the life over all and how safe there for woman, because my wife is housewife and she will not be working.

Based on your reply, I will decide to take this opportunity and to live with family.

Waiting for your reply eagerly.

thanks,
Pavan

Based on whose reply will you take this decision ?? If you meant people from this forum .... Then Man Hats OFF to you !!

Dear Pavan,

Nothing to worry!!! many thousands of families living here without ant hassel... Good luck!!!

Saudia is one of the safest places on earth.  Only thing you have to *fight* here is boredom :D

Make sure ur package is satisfactory to u .... rest everything will workout out then... you wud get good number of Indian restaurants serving veg food as well.....

Pavan ,There is nothing to worry about as far as Safety..you just need to worry about how to Enjoy your life here with Steamy HOT HOT Weather most of the time in Dammam and Almost no Winter ..
Welcome & have fun .

Hi!
So how do you spend your time? in the hot hot hot? that is?Is everything air conditoned? It was very hot in Korea too but we could seek relief inside normally.
I am waiting to hear from a school in Dammam about an English teacher position. I am curious about the country and have traveled to other countries..even livedi nSouth Korea for 4 years.
I am in my 40's and American...