How easy is it to get jobs in these fields???

Hi all,

Myself and my husband and our two babies(dogs)! Are looking at moving to Malta in the next 6 months ish! I have experience in Childcare, customer service, reception, administration, sales, insurance and accounts . Can anyone give me advice in how readily available (or not) positions in these areas would be?

Jen

Can you speak Maltese? Are you fluent?

Getting a job is not the problem, getting a job that pays more than 3.50€ an hour is. If you speak Maltese you may have a chance but most jobs are in the tourist areas and will be low pay and long hours. Call centres are an option but you need to be in Malta first.
Make sure you have sufficient fund to keep you going for 12 months, this will give you a chance to settle down and actively search for the job that's right for you.

Good luck

Terry

Unfortunately I can't speak Maltese . Only have english

To be honest, I don't think you necessary need to speak Maltese to get a job over here.
My wife does not speak Maltese and recently, she applied for a cleaning or kitchen job in a elderly home here where we live (Millieha) an guess what? After the interview, they told her they will put her in a course for care assistant and until the end of the course, she will be paid 4.75€/hour. As soon as she finish her course, her salary will increase.

You will just need to look for the opportunities and take them!

Best of luck,
Antonio

getting a job here is entirely dependandant on your skills but ultimately what you are prepared to do and the rate you will work for and accept.

Ah thanks toon ! Maybe there is hope for me then lol

Thanks Mantonas

There is always hope TippK....and where there is no hope there are other islands to consider.... there are jobs out there - for sure - your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find them and take one or more..... as is the way here

Tippkevswife wrote:

Thanks Mantonas

Your welcome Tippkevswife! Just be positive, if you really want to work and make an effort to look for a job, I am sure something will come up! Good luck ;)