Moving to Malaysia from UK

Hello all,

We are a family with two young children moving this summer because my
Husband will teach in an international school there, in Putrajaya.

At the moment we are researching best places to live.

Someone suggested that putrajaya could be boring to live in and proposed other areas such as Subang jaya, PUchong..

Can you add your suggestions please.

Maria

My opinion Puchong can be the best place for your family as is just 15 minutes drive to Putrajaya and/or there is public transport (bus) to Putrajaya.

Thank you Johan Lee,

We will look into that.

Surely puchong is also boring!

Subang is a mess for traffic. avoid

Basically you will need a car that is a must. I assume you mean nexus so pay is sufficient to get a car.

And as a family I presume nights on the town in glad rags isn't the main issue so it will be like living in Milton Keynes. Bearable as a family!

Best to live near work, get a car and enjoy Malaysia at the weekends! no car = hell fir everything including shopping. Taxis in Malaysia are a national disgrace

Also public transport is a mess (getting better but still look at Singapore or Hong Kong)

All appreciated, thanks,
More we understand about life there hopefully better prepared we will be.

If driving there is anything like Naples, I feel a bit worried....

I'm sure we will adapt.

Driving isn't too easy here, but I've seen worse.

With two young children, I'm guessing that you don't need nights on the town.

Putrajaya is quiet and safe, perhaps too quiet.

Puchong has developed a lot, several malls around, SetiaWalk for those who like a few cold ones, cinemas, etc. A good place to stay in Puchong is Bandar Puteri. Heading to Putrajaya in the morning is against the main traffic, so quite good actually.

Puchong already getting packed now...why dont you consider staying in Seri Kembangan...very near to Putrajaya too.

Which part of Seri Kembangan? I pass by when going from Puchong to Cyberjaya and on the way back. The traffic getting out of Seri Kembangan to the B15 highway in the morning is horrendous. Similarly to getting back to Seri Kembangan after 6 pm.

I suggested Bandar Puteri in Puchong because the main traffic is usually on the other side of the highway if you work in Putrajaya.

Sibianca - you must be here already - was the advice helpful and where did you decide to live? It's interesting for people writing on forums regularly to know what swayed their choices so the latest information and trends can be passed on.  After all, great new housing areas are developing all the time !  Thanks.

well with the MEX highway and the ERL , Its pretty much a 35 Min commute from the  City / KL Sentral .. Midvalley and Bangsar.. to  Putrajaya . I reckon  its not that bad for your husband .

Btw .. Cyberjaya seems to have a bunch of new Apartments ...

But i must admit live here is a bit too peaceful after office hours..

Seri kembangan is better.......

[moderated: inappropriate link]

Hi madam do you need any maid to help you? **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that
jesssica wrote:

Hi madam do you need any maid to help you? **

Hello Jessica

For info this thread has been inactive since 2013. For your job hunt, please drop an advert in the appropriate field of the site :Personal and household services jobs in Subang Jaya

Regards
Kenjee