Thinking about moving to Mauritius

Hi all;

I'm an Australian citizen and am considering moving to Mauritius. My fiancé is from Mauritius and has a house/family there. Unfortunately its a complex situation and I can't really discuss this with her until I'm sure of my decision so I'm hoping you guys can help answer a few questions :)

My only main concern would be work, she's got a house we can stay at (separate from her parents). I'm 30 years old and professionally I'm a contact center (call center) expert. I've dialled / managed teams etc and have been involved with process improvement at a large organization recently.

My question is, should I start looking for work BEFORE I relocate there or should I email companies now? Considering I'll have enough funds to last me a couple of months there once I come down...

Also, I've failed on Google to locate the big call centers down there, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? I've heard there are alot of contact centers there?

Thanks all - looking forward to being a part of this community one day :)

Hi and welcome to Expat.com manisyndrom!

I would suggest you to have a look at the BOI's site: Work & Live in Mauritius, though i guess it will be hard reaching the minimum requirements in your field, unless if it's a managerial position.
Indeed you should try getting in contact with companies before you move.

Regards
Armand

Hi...

It would be preferable to start looking for work before moving here as you will need the documents to apply for an Occupation Permit. The condition for a professional working in the ICT sector is to earn more than Rs 30,000 (approx. $1,000) monthly.

Besides call centers, there are other companies involved in the ICT sector where you can try your luck. You will need to browse through online business directories. I would suggest you ask your fiance to help you in this.