Teaching as a non native speaker.

Hello everyone.

My name is Tom and im new to this forum. I will land on Vietnamese soil in september and I have a couple of work related questions. I have a bachelor in education from my home country wich is Holland and I was wondering what possibilities I have to land a job as a teacher in Saigon. I already have 3 years of experience teaching economics in high school, but my main concern is due to the fact that im not a native speaker I may have a hard time to secure a job. Maybe someone on this forum could give me some advice on this topic.

I would love to hear from you.
Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Tom, can't imagine you will have much of a problem, as long as your English is as good as everyone else I've met from Holland.
With your background, it might be worth checking out some of the bgger university's. Check out RMIT for starters.

@laidbackfreak.

Thanks for your input. I will check out the universities once im in country. Sounds good.
Cheers.

@ Julie.

Hi. Yes I was thinking to start looking for a job in a language center to start with. Do you know any good centers?

Hi Tom,

First of all, you should have some friends which are Vietnamese to help you write something by Vietnamese language. After that you ask your friends to post your recruitment information for English classes on internet. I think in short time with helping of your Vietnamese and information on Internet, you will have some English classes.

My name's Tran Quoc Anh, if you don't mind, I will be one of your friends.

My skype ID: chirstmax_box

thanks,
Anh Tran