Metélőpetrezselyem Simalevelü Seeds

Does anyone have an English translation for metélőpetrezselyem simalevelü? I have a packet of seeds, some kind of herb which looks a bit like parsley.
Edit: Actually it probably is parsley as that is petrezselyem.

It means "smooth-leaved parsley", and the Internet says it's for greens only, won't grow an underground lump.

Thanks szocske, what's an underground lump? :/

fidobsa wrote:

what's an underground lump? :/

I would guess, a carrot, radish, potato, onion, or similar.

klsallee wrote:

I would guess, a carrot, radish, potato, onion, or similar.

As I am idling away my Friday afternoon, I thought I would contribute to current tuber totalising.

I'm currently growing some Jerusalem artichokes in pots following on from a posting in these forums about such things. 

Quite a vigorous plant and generating underground lumps quite nicely it would seem. I believe it will have yellow flowers and be a couple of meters high.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Jerusalem artichokes

An excellent vegetable. Has many health benefits. The heart is the best part IMHO especially when soaked in olive oil (I never cared much for the leaves). FWIIW, I have been to Castroville California, self proclaimed artichoke capital of the world, and artichoke is apparently the California state vegetable -- I am not sure what is the official state fungus.

Apparently, I am not the only one idling away a Friday afternoon.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Jerusalem artichokes

An excellent vegetable.... I have been to Castroville California, self proclaimed artichoke capital of the world, and artichoke is apparently the California state vegetable -- I am not sure what is the official state fungus.

Apparently, I am not the only one idling away a Friday afternoon.

Also known as Hearty Jokes or Fartichokes too. I never learnt to play the trumpet but I have thought about it since.

There is a state fungus? Not called Arnold and of Austrian heritage?

Fried artichokes are supposed to be good enough for chips (ok, fries for some) but I think they are nowhere near as good as potatoes. But versatile none the less.

I mostly work from home so Friday afternoon consists of not very much really so often diversons welcome.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I never learnt to play the trumpet but I have thought about it since.

Well, if you ever do play the trumpet, let me know, you can join my wife's jazz band.

fluffy2560 wrote:

There is a state fungus? Not called Arnold and of Austrian heritage?

Well, officially, I don't know if there is a state fungus. "Unofficially", I think it may just be 'politicians' in general:  being they are slimy, ubiquitous and difficult to get rid of....

fluffy2560 wrote:

I mostly work from home so Friday afternoon consists of not very much really so often diversons welcome.

Best diversion today, for me, has been a few glasses of my 2012 Italian Riesling wine.