Migrating to Bahrain

Hi Friends,

I have an offer from Bahrain Company and the concerns which i am going to discuss with you nice people has been discussed in previous posts but i was unable to correlate with my scenario so i request you to please provide your valuable feedback on priority basis:

1) I have offer for 880 BD pm (excluding year end bonus of 64 BD pm)+ 2 BHK furnished accomodation + airfare+ indeminity+ contribution to saving scheme+government levies + medical facility for myself, spouse and 3 year old baby. Is it a good deal in Bahrain. I am a Chartered Accountant with 5 year of experience.

2) What would be the schooling cost in DPS and Indian School?

3) What would be the cost of 2nd hand hatchback car?

4)What would be cost for getting driving license in Bahrain?

5) What is average cost of living for family of 3 person

Thanks & Regards

Hello pramodkrgarg.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to go through the other threads on the Bahrain forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Pramod.

Welcome to Bahrain , as few of our friend suggested here , it is always possible to negotiate your first offer and get better deal. The money you are getting is OK , not great you can manage your expanses and can save some  money too.

as you know most of your queries are already answered in different threads on this forum , however i will still try to answer here from an Indian's prospective , I'm also new comer to Bahrain , moved here around a month back with my spouse and 3+ yr son.
I live in Juffair , which is really nice area , you will find lot of Indian and American expats here. Few basic expanses are:
You can get a nice fully furnished 2 BHK flat in 400-500 BD( which anyways has been covered by your employer) .
Schooling in DPS for your kid will cost you around 100-110 BD per month
Car rental depend on the choice of the car however as I see you don't have DL so it will take quite a lot of time for you to get DL , by that time you will good idea about cars n their rental
Getting driving license is really a big deal here! , it may take at least 3 month ( if you are lucky ) to get the DL , taxis are not cheap , however you can find cheaper options too :)

Apart from this monthly expenses are completely depend on your life style for a it may cost somewhere 200 -300 BD for a good life style where you can eat out weekly.

hope this helps !

Regards,
Akhil

You'll live comfortably but won't save much.Transportation is expensive either by taxi or by a private driver.

Your company may provide bus or you can get private "taxi" for a couple of BD. A lot of people hire out their transport very cheaply