Cost of Living and Salary Package Offer

Hi,

I searched within the forum regarding my concern however; I didn't found relevant answers since the posts was barely old and job title  not related to my concern.

Currently, I have job offer for about AED 18K with ".NET Developer/Programmer" position. The salary includes house rent, transportation and other allowances.

With standard UAE employee mandated benefits on top.

I do not have idea what is the median salary for the position and 5 years developer in my current country.

I am planning to go with my wife and a kid with me. I need to send my kid in the international school.

Do you think this worth the offer? Currently, I am earning here in the Philippines around AED 10.5K gross equivalent which the cost of living here somewhat far in AD.

Hello altyne.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to read the other threads on Cost of living in Abu Dhabi .

Thank you,
Aurélie

There is a very vast Phillipines community in UAE, and your salary is fine for a small family including school-going kid.  What is your specific concern?

Sorry, for my delayed response.

* Is the 18K salary enough for wife and kid going to a international school? Including all the expenses?
* How much could I save?

We're only a typical family living within means.