Paying your CFE bill

I am looking for some guidance from some expats with respect to paying my CFE bill. I donŽt have a Mexican bank account, so online banking is not an option. Oxxo and other authorized pay locations can only accept payments if you have your most recent bill (they cannot accept payments with just the account number or an older bill). This wouldnŽt be an issue if it wasnŽt for the fact that my mail deliveries are oh whatŽs the word? Unpredictable.

ItŽs a long drive each way from where I live to the closest CFE office, where I am usually presented with a further wait just to pay the bill.

Any other options?

Thanks.

I just paid my CFE bill online with my Paypal account through a company called MexiBillPay. They charge a service fee, but for somebody like me who doesn't have a CFE office nearby it is totally worth it.

I inform you that you can go to the CFE, from your local and pay in the ATM
If an invoice has not provide its data
name address Cologne Code postal etc, and is granted a copy of your invoice to make right there
your payment.

WTF? I just paid my Luz at a grocery store, and it lists SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME as the principal on the bill. I paid with a USA Wells Fargo card, at a POS (point of sale) machine. Someone is feeding you a load of crap.

@mexbungalows You can pay at Oxxo if your bill has someone elses name but NOT if you have passed the 'Pay By' date!

@49ersFan Im not sure if they have them where you are but where I live they also have the CFE machines scattered around town where you just enter the code from any old bill and pay directly so you dont have to go the CFE office itself!

When they come around with the red plastic tag and block off the mediador you can't pay the bill at an Oxxo or POS either. I also found out when I was in hospital that CFE will cut some slack as to the cutoff date if you phone them in advance. I've lived in some pretty remote places where CFE dropped off all the bills at the tiendita del pueblo and I had to go there, pick it up and then drive 60 km to pay it. La comisión is pretty strict but fifteen million Méxicanos have found a way to live with it.

What we do is go to the CFE office and give them a large deposit (say 1000 pesos). That covers us for awhile. You can look each billing cycle to see how much is left on deposit through the CFE website. If we start getting low we go back in and top up our deposit.

49er, how do your neighbors pay their cfe bill? They might have a solution.

Hi there!

I couldn't help but notice that you all have been struggling to pay the CFE bill. I have been paying CFE bills for my in-laws through this neat website called regalii:

regalii.com/en/mexico/cfe

It is really easy to set-up and really easy to use. This payment system eliminated so many hours and headaches! Not to mention, it's not too expensive. It's worth checking out.