Cost of living in Canada

-what is a regular paiment for unqualified workers in canada?
- can unqualified worker survive in Toronto by renting an apartment and pay their bills..?
-can you quick get a job as unqualified worker? What can you get there?
- How is with babysitters there, i guess you don't earn enough to live in Toronto by your own...

I am from slovenija, i have many education certificates (art teacher, worker in kindergarden and graphic design), but my education is more in pedagogic field and unfortunally it seem i can't use that knowledge in foreign countrys. I am qualified graphic designer, but for now i don't have experiences so i guess you don't get a job in that field there since work experiences are very desirable.. I made just one graphic design layout for web but thats not enough, iam working on diploma, final exam now... In Slovenija is not good any more, you can't get a yob.

The minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25 per hour / or $410.00 given you have a 40 hour work week. This should earn you (depending on the month) $1640.00 or more per month. Most unskilled jobs in Canada pay above the minimum wage and, for example, a waiter or waitress will make the minimum wage plus much more still in tips if they give good service.

While the cost of living anywhere in Canada is high a family with both parents working or a single person who chooses to live in shared accommodations can get by on the minimum wage.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hello lautrice.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Toronto forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

You know prices are strange in any country that uses loonies.