Relocating to Mombasa with family

Hi expats!!

I am planning to relocate to Mombasa, Kenya in next couple of months with my wife and 3 year old son and wished if you all could clarify a few doubts:

I have been offered 4000 US$+ family accomodation+ medical per month; is it a good remuneration to live and work in there?
What are the cost of schooling for young kids as I need best of education for my child!

What would be the cost of an innitial second hand car and what are the chances of buying new cars? Do expats get loan in Kenya?

Will post more queries if needed and appretiate replies of my innitial queries! Sorry for bothering but I need to get the doubts out of my mind before I do the final go!

Cheers!

Indranil

Try this website for cost of living numbeo.com

Thanks for the suggestion!

Thats a very good salary if you are going to based in mombasa
Second cars are cheap depending on model toyotas start from Usd 8000,education is cheap average of Usd 100 but there are also high cost international academies upto Usd 1500/semester,
If you waokring for reputable company and its long term contract your employer can gurantee your loan.
New cars start from Usd 25,000 depending on model

Thanks mabrown for your suggestions.  I am looking at an international school for my childs education and as I'll not have major expenses like housing and utility, the cost mentioned by you would be reasonable.  Wil ask more questions as and when I come across queries.

Cheers

Indranil

you are wellcome in mombasa life is so cheap .the car you can get from 5000dolas a nice even school not expenve keep in touch [email protected]

Thanks Mulari for your sugestion, will keep in touch

Hi expats!

Wished to know the cost of below mentioned items if I need to buy them in Mombasa. I am looking for both new/ used options for buying these items once I relocate.......so if anyone could help with the price bracket

double bed with mattress
a boudle door refrigeratorlcd/ led tv (32 inches)
wardrobe
dining table
sofa set with centre table

Thank you once again bloggers for your assistance

Indranil

[Moderated: pls send details via a private message]