Need a help and some valuable advice on moving to Australia

Guys, I am frm India and am planning to settle in Australia with a 5 years PR. I just want a few help on whether is it advisable to go there and do I have any chances of getting a PR visa for Australia.

I have a wife and a 3 month old sweet daughter.

I have a Post graduate diploma in business management with major Marketing and Minor finance.
prior to this I have done my graduation in Commerce(B.COM)

I have work experience of 8.5 years of retail sales of assets. ie: mortgage loans/ Business loans / Personal loans/ consumer durable loans.

My previous employers were HSBC BANK, HDFC BANK, BARCLAYS BANK PLC, DHANLAXMI BANK.

I am currently working with Capital First Ltd into Consumer Durable loans as a Cluster Manager sales &distribution at a Senior Manager grade.

I earn around 100000 indian rupees a month.

Few immigration consultants are saying that I qualify for State Sponsored visa.

whereas 1 consultant said that my profile falls under sale and marketing manager as per CSOL of Australia. But she also said that as per australia the profile they are talking about is for the person who directly reports to the director or the MD of the company. is it true?

kindly help me in knowing whether Australia is a place where I can get PR visa based on my details as provided above

nitin

There is a process you first need to go through before you will be granted PR.

Check out the Australian Govt Immigration website www.immi.gov.au 

This process takes time and effort on your part and there is no guarantee that you will get PR as your area of expertise is not a skill that an Australian citizen cannot do.

Do not bother with immigration agents as they are just after money from you and they get their knowledge from the website I gave you.

Deal direct and see where it gets you.

Hi nitin.mudaliar,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

[topic has been moved on the Australia forum for better visibility]

Best of luck,
Christine

Hi Nitin,
What stumpy had stated above is correct. You do not need an immigration agent to apply for a visa. The requirements that you need to apply for are stated in the website immi.gov.au as stated in the above posting. I applied on my own and was granted a PR. However, this was back in 2010 and the visa process has drastically changed. Skills that were once in shortage are no longer. Here is the link to the Professionals and other Skilled Migrants. One of the first things to do is to determine is to get your skills assessed. The directions should be provided in the website provided depending on your profession.

I believe most state sponsored visas are for occupations that are in shortage. I don't think business management would be considered a shortage in most states. It would be what the state considers shortage in skills.. Example would be like carpenters, welders, electrician, etc. A skill that requires specific training that not everyone can just do. It is for occupations that the state is not able to obtain the local workforce to want to work in that specific area or there isn't enough qualified applicants.  If you visit some Australian state websites, they would have somewhere in there a posting what the occupations that qualify for the state sponsored visas.

Here is the link I forgot to post above:  http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general- … migration/