Work permit timeline

Any recent experience with Work permit processing timeline. I have got a job offer & planning to move to Nairobi.

Yes, Pretty easy
Email [email protected]

Contact FHL; they are well updated on immigration procedures and will provide information you need for free.

EMAIL: [email protected]

OFFICE NUMBER: +254-737-280-440

Welcome to the Expat.com.
Inbox me your detail, i can help you guiding with the process.

Cheerz!

My Office already applied for Workpermit, they said waiting time between 1-3 months. just worndering does it really take that long. They asked me only my Passport, Certificates, CV copy for the application. Hope its enough for the Application.

I was kind of surprised they dont have any Employment VISA option.

It will take 1-3 months if you don't have someone constantly following up on the progress of your application. The contact I recommended enabled my pastor to receive his permit in a couple of weeks without bribes. It is important that your organization keeps a close tag on your application as the immigration office is well-known for their misplacement of application files.

if u pay ,. 10 . 000 ,. USD
do u have your permit in a :
1 -2 week :)

@ pinguinoma: did you experience that?

Francesca

@Pinguinoma, did someone make you pay $10,000 to receive a work permit? Please clarify :)

Hi Anne, thanks

I m surprised & bit shocked too hearing Workpermit in 2 weeks. I am given the understanding its quite normal that takes several months.

i will check out your contact for sure to challange our Consultant/HR

Theworm,

Yes, it can take less than a month if the individual following up on an application is persistent.

Hi any recent experience on this? My employer just informed me that current processing time is 12-16 weeks! Does that also mean they will take my passport for that long as well?

Hi there, were you able to finally get a work permit?

they r correct i guess, mine took May to Sep (about 16weeks) for a Class D WP

Nope, they dont take your passport.

all u need to do is to send scan copies to your Local office & they apply for WP on your behalf. Once processing is done,  your office will inform u to come & have your passport stamped. U can get VISA on Arrival ($50 for most passports), enter Kenya & your office should assist to get your Passport stamped in Nairobi with the approval.

there is another option I heard people apply as short term "Special Pass" while u wait for WP to be processed, but i didnt go tht route.

Hello Ms Sharon
I would like to have some info about Nairobi regulations and visa support. Let me know where I can contact you

Hello Camilo,

I have sent you a message

Hello Sharon,

My company applied for my work permit in September and till now it has not yet been released. Each time we go there they keep insisting that it is too early. The last i checked it was in the computer as they said, and still they said its too early. Does it usually take this long for applicants from Uganda? Please advise.

Thanks

It should not take that long for you to receive a permit. The best way forward would be to contact a credible agent that can follow up on your behalf; many of my acquaintances have been able to receive their permits within four weeks after using the company I recommended earlier in this topic's thread.

Hello!

I am still waiting for my permit it has gone 2 months now do you know who I should contact in the immigration office?

Thank You!