Process and costs of inviting a Philippino for a holiday in Australia

Hi everyone.
I have met a wonderful Philippino lady who lives in Manila and wish to invite her to spend a holiday with me here in Australia.
Can anyone tell me the process and costs associated with her application to obtain an Australian tourist visa? 
She will have a pre paid and booked return air ticket, but will I still need to pay a bond?
Any tips or suggestions please.
Cheers

Best you look online at the Oz govt website.
You can check out what is required for the visa and the cost. 
By doing it this way you can even follow the paper trail online.

I have done the same for my Lao wife and have never had to pay a bond.

Lots of Luck...You're goin to need it...

Thanks for your reply Stumpy.
I am confused about which visa is applicable as Philippines appears to not be one of the countries that qualifies for e online applications.
Living in Tassie we do not have the advantages of just dropping into a dept of immigration office for assistance.
As my girl friend does not have full time permanent employment or own her own home I suspect I may have to pay a bond. I wonder how much a bond is?
Cheers
Terry

Hi Vetretreat and thanks for your reply.
You sound as though you have had a costly and/or unpleasant experience re. this subject.
Without wishing to pry into your personal circumstances, I am interested in knowing the warts and all problems of what I may encounter.
Would you like to share any warnings with me?
Cheers
Terry

terrydreamer48

I suggest you email an immigration office and ask them to clarify what is required. Or phone them.

Perhaps contact the Australian Embassy in Philippines for information.

I have heard that the bond is usually $5000.00 but that was for a friend who had his wifes residency application refused and he then applied for a tourist visa for her to come from Thailand to Australia.

The bond was paid into a govt account and his wife had to leave on or before the due date on her ticket. 24 hours after she left the money was deposited back into his account.

Hi terrydreamer48,

The following link is some information for you to review. It looks like www.via.ph is a website with information of how to apply for an Australian visa from the Philippines. Unfortunately, when you enter this website and choose Australia as the country from countries listed to view, a pop came up with the following announcement:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
Changes to visitor and temporary work visas from 23 March 2013. From 23 March 2013 the Australian government intends to introduce significant changes to the Visitor and Medical Treatment visas. DIAC will no longer be accepting new applicants for the following visas:
-Tourist visa (subclass 676)   They list other visa types that were listed.

There is a link from the following website under "To contact the Australian Embassy (Visa Office) in Manila" - Contact us that will allow your friend to inquire about the visa. It currently doesn't have the option for "tourist visa". But it does have "Visitor visa". Not sure what the difference is between these two visas.

http://www.philippines.embassy.gov.au/m … tion2.html

A short excerpt from above:

Visas and Migration

Visa applications, except for Refugee and Humanitarian Entry, should be lodged at the nearest VIA office in the Philippines, operated by PIASI. A fee will be charged for this service in addition to the scheduled fee charged by the Australian Government for all visa applications. For more information about visa lodgement procedures, fees charged, contact details, office locations and office hours, visit http://www.via.ph/

For detailed information about visas and citizenship services please refer to the DIAC website, see Department of Immigration and Citizenship.