Re-locating

My name is Danny and i currently live in the U.S.  Im very eager to leave once the funds are there, due to polotics and just the general way things are heading here.  Im only 23 but have aquired variouse skills to help me through life. I need help in the process for i have never been to australia but have always deamed of being there. I have no clue how to go about finding jobs or apartments.  i know theres listings online but i feel im missing something, i cant do this alone.  any advise would help. thanks much

There are working visas for under 30 year olds from the US to Australia.
There are lots of temporary jobs picking fruit,farm hand ,retauurant type stuff where they put you up in a bunk house type of arrangement-lots of backpackers come on that visa and move around the country working etc.

You can come here and see if you like it while temporarily working and  living. If you like it you'll know where to aim for.You can also make some contacts.Lots of things here are done through word of mouth-
Rent and living here is INSANELY expensive and it's not easy to find housing-room mate / sharing is the way to go starting out- Check out Gumtree-it's the local verson of Craig's list.
Good luck

what if i was to bring someone with me? haveing two people working as farm hands not get a decent apartment anywhere? i know its expensive but still dont completley understand the conversion rate with currency and arces... i need a small ranch to do what i want to do.  gunsmith? or just a rescue farm for injured animals. it sounds overdone but i have spent my whiole life going to school and specialize exotic animals.... i just need more then room and board ya know? thank you very much for the info id love to work on a new farm but the business plan i have is crucial and limited time

Hi Dan,

The exchange rate is nearly the same .A few cents difference. Rent is expressed here in weeks. You'll see a listing for rent of $300-that's about average -That's $1200 per month.That's not for anything glamorous. have a look for yourself

domain.com.au/?mode=rent

If you don't have a stable source of income-property managers will not rent to you.They also can not rent to a tourist.If you don't have a visa you can't get a job-no one can legally hire you and they do enforce it here.
If you and your travelling partner are under 30 you can both go for  a working youth visa. That's good for 1 year-you can only work in 1 place for 6 months then another. I'm not an expert but here is what I have heard of.
If you two can save enough rent for 1 year plus bill money electric,phone gas etc.You can rent a place and apply for a permanent resident visa.Here is a link to the australian immifgration site to have a look around

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/#vw=%23a_step_1

In QLD there are lots of exotic animals that need help. I volunteer at a koala rescue-there are many.
I am now a dual Aussie-American.I just got my citizenship here last year. I had to wait 4 years living and working here to be considered. It is was not an easy or cheap thing to do but very worth it.
Good luck to you and your friend!

dannyrb

Try this website. numbeo.com It will give you cost of living etc.

thank you so much for the support and information!!! everyday no its what i deam of and im not going to let anything get in my way. only waiting to have enough money to move so i have money to fall back on and hopefully save for a few months rent. you were a wonderful help to me and i appreciate that. Congradulations on your success. hope i can do half as well!
thanks again..