Need advice!

Can anybody give me any tips or advice on what I would have myself in for moving to Bali?
I'm 19,  currently managing a hairdressing salon and living in Perth by myself (so I have a trade and am quite mature and capable of being on my own for my age)
I'm desperate for a change and could really use some help if anybody knows what sort of work and life is over there for someone like me? If any at all!

Appreciate it

Forget hairdressing in Bali - You'd never get a work permit in a million years.
If you have a degree, you could teach English and, if you haven't, you could teach English at a language mill for silly low wages.

Sorry to say but Fred is spot on with his comments.

Jobs in Bali are for Indonesians first, and a work permit costs an employer $100 a month...(and possibly going up to $200), so, maybe consider staying in Perth, and getting a college degree? 

Or, to put it another way, living in Bali is a privilege and not a place where anyone can just show up and expect it to all happen for them.  Even older expats ebb and flow like the tide here.

BTW, illegal workers caught in Bali face a fine up to USD $50,000.00 and five years in "hotel Kerobokan" (our prison) and not at all a good place to be for any length of time.

wow, so expensive Pak Ubudian, is that true?

Anywhere in Indonesia the appropriate Manpower office levies its legal fee of $100 a month ($1,200 a year) to issue a work permit for a foreign employee (with a few exceptions).

This has been the case since 2003 for issuance of an IMTA:

"Companies employing foreigners are charged $100/month (US$ 1,200/year per expatriate employee to offset the costs of training Indonesian nationals (Article 47 Manpower Act number 13 year 2003). This tax is administered through the Department of Manpower. Proof of payment of the Skill & Development Fund (DPKK fee to the BNI '46 bank for one year in advance, amounting to US $1,200 (non refundable), and is needed before a Work Permit can be approved."

In Bali where unemployment is a particularly serious problem the green light has been given from Jakarta for the Provincial Manpower office to increase the fee to $200 a month ($2,400 a year).

http://beatmag.com/daily/bali-companies … n-workers/http://www.thejakartapost.com/bali-dail … rmits.html

Yes, it's expensive but if you believe (like I do) that it should be Indonesia first for Indonesians, then it sounds more than fair and reasonable...so long as the fees are used for their intended purposes.