Eu could introduce visa requirments 4 countries that dont allow travel

anyone seen this or have anymore info?

http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?un … ber=172674

Beign from the US this could make things rough since im back and forth to poland quite often.

Hi Chad,

yes, these changes are being discussed.

I'm not sure if it would apply to you as you are already resident as a family member of an EU citizen and are also resident of the Schengen area.

I think there will be some kind of arrangement in the end.

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky,
Could you please explan to me a bit in details.....how this will effect myslef and my non EU family member, coming from an EU contry but not in Shengen?

Thank you

Hi A,

the background is the visa waiver scheme that applies between the EU and several other non EU - countries like the USA.

Coming from  most EU countries you do not require a visa but get one on entry for 3 months although the US now require the pre-registration and payment of a fee.

The other way around means that US citizens can enter the EU without a visa. THat might change.

If the US start making problems with EU citizens from certain EU countries the EU could just start asking for US citizens coming from lets say Texas to have to apply for a visa!

Upfront it does not affect you unless you want to travel to the US.

The question for Bulgaria and Roumania is more whether the travel without a visa will be contuined after this year. There seems to a lot of misuse and applications for asylum. More than half the total the applications for asylum made in Germany are by Roumanians ! I think that will force a change of the rules...

Without your details I can not comment on how exactly potential changes in the rules could affect you personally. And it is all in the future !

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi A,

the background is the visa waiver scheme that applies between the EU and several other non EU - countries like the USA.

Coming from  most EU countries you do not require a visa but get one on entry for 3 months although the US now require the pre-registration and payment of a fee.

The other way around means that US citizens can enter the EU without a visa. THat might change.

If the US start making problems with EU citizens from certain EU countries the EU could just start asking for US citizens coming from lets say Texas to have to apply for a visa!

Upfront it does not affect you unless you want to travel to the US.

The question for Bulgaria and Roumania is more whether the travel without a visa will be contuined after this year. There seems to a lot of misuse and applications for asylum. More than half the total the applications for asylum made in Germany are by Roumanians ! I think that will force a change of the rules...

Without your details I can not comment on how exactly potential changes in the rules could affect you personally. And it is all in the future !

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you Ricky :)
Well we do not plan any travelling to US ( unless if we go will be only for a  short holiday ).
Basically ,  i am with all my family here ( as i mentioned before in a different topic) , working , paying taxes etc...
I was asking for some clarification, since recently there is so much going on ( incuding the new e Cards) that start to think that there is something new ( which might effect me) and i missed it :) .

As usual thank you for your promt and detailed reply.

Ani