Moving to thailand next month and trying to get jobs!!!!

So we have made the decision. Esl teaching it is and Thailand is the country, and we should be coming over next month. However through extensive research we gathered that it is best to look for a job when you are there?
Me being an Anglo-Indian, even though I have lived in the UK for quite a while I have an Indian passport and am married to a brit, what are the chances of me getting a job!
I could be my queen's english accent on! 

Also does anyone have any advice about apartments, studio apartments, rooms with toilets and kitchens attached for under 10 grand Baht?
Where is the best place to get an apartment? Does any one know of any job vacancies for ESL?

We recently heard that we will need police clearance certificates in order to get work permits, is this true? Cause getting one from India is a nightmare, and it will probably take up to 6 months or more because of wonderful Indian bureaucracy!
Hope someone can help us with some advice!!!

Condo is your best option. Looking in areas that are further away from "Sukhumvit" will drop the price a lot. Phra Ram 9, Suthissan, Yannawa, Phra Kannong and On Nut are good areas to look into.

About ESL, try www.wallstreet.com/th/ If you have a TEFL might get you a job. The police clearance I really havent heard of that. You just need a working visa, which is privided by your employer in a month from when you enter to work. And you will probably will need to go to either Laos or Cambodia borders to do those. I think it costs around 1500 Bath to do them on the spot.

Hope it helps. I was also crazy looking for all this stuff when i came to Thailand.

I thing you have to come with a non immigrant visa to safe money when you find a jog in order to get a work permit.
In my opinion Chiang Mai is a good place to live, it is cheaper,not so hectic  and the climate is more tempered compare Bkk.
As a English teacher it most not be difficult to find a job in a international school.
This police affair is not.
By this time you can have a lovely house in a project, even furnished for about 7000 bath.
Indian and any other food is available.
Indian bureaucratic, it is passion you need, i have being there for 5 yearsaldo we, me wife and daughter, have good time and friends over there.

ThaiVisa.com  can be a great help for you.

Good Luck,

Francis.