I want new friends in Madrid!!!

Hi I ama Spanish teacher from Denver, Colorado who is in my late 40's.  I am into travel, fashion, cooking, biking, hiking, and films, dinners out, theatre. I spend every July in Madrid, and will be spending more and more time there. I am looking for friends (male and female) to do things with when I am there. I am fun, youthful, and outgoing.I am very independent and I would like to meet others close to my age with similar interests. Thanks Joanne

Hi J.

I will be happy to be your friend. I love cinema, electronic music, meditation, and deep conversations on life.
Madrid awaits you
lol.

A>

Thanks for your response. Who are you? What do you do in Madrid? Where are you originally from? Joanne

Hi Joanne,

I'm originally from Italy, but I lived 10 years in the UK, and then, last year, I moved to Spain. At the moment I'm not doing much work-wise, just a few proof-reading jobs. I took a break from work to dedicate more time to my passions. I've just started a blog on cinema, and I'll go live soon. Also, I've been writing some scripts, and one of those, a short, will be shot late april/early may in Italy. I'm pre-producing a music video at the moment, and will start shooting soon. I'm also into music, as a producer and DJ, and much much more...
What are your passions?
I saw your other post. I'm almost 100% sure I'll be here on the dates you mention, and we can surely go for a coffee; however, mine will be a cortado  ;-P
My English and my Italian are much better than my Sapnish, but we can chat in any of them, don't really mind.
I don'tknow much about Colorado, but I've read a lot about Maine from Stephen King, and I came to love that state. If I ever decide to go to the US, it will be to visit Maine (and maybe Pennsylvania, after what I read from HP Lovecraft...).
That's all from me.
What about you?

Antonio

Hi- I am leaving my teaching job this year, and will be spending more and more time in Spain. I work for an academic program through the University of Madrid every July (or the past 10 years),so I have come to love Madrid, and have friends there. I am divorced after a very long marriage, and want to become a world traveler with my base in Madrid half the time, and the US the other half. I love to travel, hike, cook, see foreign films, bike, walk, read, etc. I have officially become "EUROTRASH"  as the Americans call anyone who wants to become an Expat.

What brings you to Madrid of all places? I know the city well, and rent an apt every time I go. I love the lifestyle and the freedom,  the music, the language, everything,really.  I'd like to meet you just to have a friendship. I am really free-spirited and I think, really fun with a great sense of humor . I grew up in NYC, so I have a kind of edge that people in Colorado don't really get. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your response. jOANNE

Hey,
I like Spain for the weather, the food, the lifestyle, and because I know the language well. Madrid because of its cultural hotspots, the nightlife!, and basically because I used to live in London and I needed a break away from things for a while, and I got offered a job here.
I really love cinema,and I'm into production, editing and writing, as well as just watching.

That's all for now.

Best

A>

Hi Glad to hear from you. How do you spend your days if you're not working? In what part of the city do you live? Do you want to meet to have a chat and coffee with me on Monday or Tues, April 19th or 20th? I know it's a long way off, but you may not check this site often. I'll only be there a week. Joanne