Hello, Everyone

Hello, my name is Cynthia from the USA and I am wanting to move to Hyderabad. I am looking for someone to help me get acquainted with a proper neighborhood in which to live.  I am an online student that figures that since I can live anywhere and study, it might as well be India, right?

I have been told that I should find housing around the American Embassy and I am having difficulty in knowing how I go about finding a suitable apartment.  My income is limited, but I have been told that it is enough to find a relatively nice apartment.

Does anyone have suggestions for me?  Would anyone like to make a buddy and answer questions for me?  I have lived abroad before and know that sometimes real estate workers are quite expensive and will find apartments that are way over priced for the market. And of course I will be wanting to avoid this at all cost.

I will appreciate any help in this matter.  Thanks so much. :)

hi cynthia,

welcome to India. im from chennai. if you need any help here in chennai. please do feel free to revert

wrt hyderbad, pls let me know what u would like to know, to best of my knowledge i would revert back to u

Thank you, but I am trying to find someone that lives near the American Consulate.  I have been told by friends that I should stay close by the consulate, but thank you.  You are quite sweet to offer your help.

Hi Cynthia,

From what I gather, the US consulate is found in Begumpet, Secunderabad which is the main part of the city with people who don't always understand/speak english.

More expat friendly would be Banjara Hills or Jubilee Hills. However, if you are up for the Hyderabadi cultural immersion, with the crazy traffic, go for Begumpet.

Hello Cynthia,

Welcome to Hyderabad.. in case you have already landed in the city of Pearls. Now, coming directly to the point and your requirement, Cookie was right up to some extent in regards to the area of The US Embassy. I would suggest you to stay in Begumpet, Banjara Hills ,Ameerpet and Jubilee Hills these are the nearest areas to the Begumpet Embassy. But if staying near the embassy is not at all a constraint then it that case you have infinite number of decent areas with nice facilities and not much expensive rents.

So i can help you in this if you have not yet found a place in Hyderabad to stay in.. as i have been here in Hyderabad by birth ;-)

In fact not only with finding you a suitable and secured place to live in but also anything you need assistance with.

Did you find this very very lengthy post interesting or useful ?? then reply me :-)

Cheers !

Chandan

you have mentioned that you have a limited income,so i dont suggest you to stay in jubilee hills or ameerpet or begumpet.they are costly. I suggest you stay in and around tarnaka. You can find many expats living in tarnaka as many foreigners studyin EFL university near by which is very famous..

Hello Cynthia,

I can help you in his case if you are moving to Hyderabad as i have a house which is empty and you can have that on monthly rent which would be only Rs. 5000 INR per month.

You can reach me on 9000235941 or mail me at [email protected]

Thanks and Regards

Anil

By the way Cynthia my house in near the US Embassy only Near Paradise Hotel

HI Cynthia  this is sajjad and i live here in hyderabad, so when is that u are planning to come and american embassy is in begumpet and we can find all types of apartment around that place.
we can be friends and u can ask me any thing about hyderabad as i am born and bought up here in hyderabad . my email id is  [email protected] facebook id is also same.
so if u want to get an apartment before u come here i can arrange it and i am not a realestate consultant i am a sales consultant at hyundai motor india limited.

Hello Cynthia

You can reach me out as i live near the US consulate. you can mail me on [email protected]

Regards

Anil

Hello Cynthia,

You must be amazed at how responsive people have been but I strongly recommend that you do not take up offers from just anyone.
I own a real estate company which deals primarily with expats. I, on behalf of my company, would be able to advise you on the ideal location and the best value for money based on your budget. It is always best to seek assistance from someone in a professional capacity. I assure you that the fees will not be too expensive and that we can find the most suitable accommodation for you, probably even with an expat room mate ! We can also have everything arranged for you so that you have somewhere to move into upon arrival.

Please contact me on kalyan.charan (at) classic living. in with more details. I assure you excellent & professional service for an affordable commission.

hi
welcome to India
hey US consulate is in begum pet area in Hyderabad
i can help u to get  accommodation
if u r OK with that then reply me soon
regards
subbu

Hi Cynthia,
US Embassy is located in Begumpet and you can find economical accommodation  near Begumpet railway station, however my suggestion for you will be SR/Ameerpet were most of the non-local students stay and their are plenty of Girls hostel's.  You can find a shared or single accommodation in this hostel's in between 3000-6000Rs. Begumpet is 10-20Minutes(if you consider local transport) distance from this location and their are plenty of local buses which won't charge you more than 10Rs.  Another location I will suggest for you is Santhnagar or Fathenagar, from here you can board a local train for going to Begumpet which is the next stop and will not cost you more than 8Rs to travel.
If you need any more help on anything else you can email me at [email protected]
Regards,
Faiyaz

Hi,
      Accommodation mainly depends on your lifestyle. I mean some people like sunshine in their rooms, while some prefer it to be gloomy. Anyway I stay near the American Consulate and if in case you need further help for accommodation, please free to contact me via my expat inbox. Can surely figure out a way and good place for your living here in Hyderabad.

cheers,
Baluzzz