Needing experiences from other expats...

Hi everybody,

My name is Sandra and I'm original from Switzerland. I live now since 5 months in Marrakech.
I converted 3 years ago to Islam. I would like to know the experiences from others which live much more longer here in Marrakech than me.
About arabic or french school, about places to go, things to do...
I've a diploma as hotelmanagress if anyone knows something about a job in tourism (if it's possible with Hijab).

I would be very happy to hear from some of you...

Assalaamu alaykum

You can go to majorelle gardens, menara gardens and you can also visit different cities as well, morocco has a lot to offer.

Finding a job in morocco is difficult, and many hotels are run by men, unless you OWN the hotel.

Salam sister , I think it's very hard for someone to work with hijab in that domain but maybe you will find some hotels accepte that ! There is a lot of things one can do in marrakech maybe enjoying cofe in a restaurant with expat or hanging out in jamaa Al fana there is also some  beautiful places near Marrakech  u can visit it well don't forget to give us ur news

Thanks both for ur answer.

I do live about 15min with the car from Airport, Jema el fnaa and and many places. With the time I began to learn a little where is what and how I come there.

Yea to get a job in that business is very hard with Hijab. I already had some interviews but my french is more badly than my berber :-) I do not speak arabic. I just understand berber, talk also a little bit, german and english. If I would begin to use for french, in shaa Allah it would come fast back again (had it 3 years at the high school).

Today I'll visit Jema el fnaa in shaa Allah cause my aunt will be here for a night :-)

Have all a beautiful day...

Tasafout,

A friend here in Morocco told me about something she has been using to learn English, and it has really helped me improve my French. Since you already know the basics of the French Language and just need to refresher for your skill you may want to try it too. Go to this educational language/social website. www.busuu.com

Most of the services on Busuu are free. You can practice talking to people from all over the world who are learning a languages you already speak and they will in turn help you Learn their native French language (that you want to improve). The site has great free practice courses for all skill levels.

Since you speak several languages already, once you get your French up to par you should check out the Call Centers and travel agencies. They usually like people who can easily speak to international clients.

Good idéa from  Nebraska girl .try to Apply for travel agencies or call canters also if you are good at English try to apply for American school in Marrakech . Oops it's really nice to understand Berber just also to improve it more so u can speak it in the near future