Single woman wanting to move to Panama

Hi, your information was quite informative.  I'm a single woman wanting to move to Panama.  I have no idea as of yet where to live.  I also would like to find a little job... part time or full.  I know that maybe difficult, but I must try.  I have to keep my expenses low due to my income at this time.  I'm 65 so I get medical insurance almost free.  I do take a narcotic for my chronic migraine.  I'm concern weather I will be able to get this medicine i Panama.  If you can give any information on my email, I would greatly appreciate.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Char

Try and figure out what would work for you, what you need to be happy and what areas would have that. The come visit and see how it feels.

Jobs are for Panamanians. If you have a portable business, like something on line, that works for some people. Having a business in Panama is complicated and generally not recommended. Having a job, unless it's something they can't fill from within the country, that isn't something you can count on.

Medical insurance almost free? What kind of insurance is that?! If it's medicare it won't cover you here. Medical care here is very good though, much better than in the US in my opinion. I expect your medication or something equivalent would be available here but you would have to check with a MD here to be sure.

Do you speak Spanish? It is very important that you at least learn some basics.

Kris

thematrixx wrote:

Hi, your information was quite informative.  I'm a single woman wanting to move to Panama.  I have no idea as of yet where to live.  I also would like to find a little job... part time or full.  I know that maybe difficult, but I must try.  I have to keep my expenses low due to my income at this time.  I'm 65 so I get medical insurance almost free.  I do take a narcotic for my chronic migraine.  I'm concern weather I will be able to get this medicine i Panama.  If you can give any information on my email, I would greatly appreciate.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Char

Thanks Kris, where do you live.  I've heard the medical and my medication should be OK to get in Panama.  I'm an Interior Designer and I was thinking I could do Staging and or Decorating for the Hotels or Real Estate Agents.  I guess I'm dreaming but that's what  I was dreaming about.

Hope to hear from you.

Char