Jobs in Vietnam, Reality check

Workforce discrimination in Vietnam is higher than western standard. (Age, Gender, Physical look, many more....)

When is too old for expat to find work in Vietnam?

If you are working expat or know anyone around you, please share with us.

Enterprise size, field expertise, position level (management), is your boss a western or a viet, location,  anything else you like  to share.

To keep it private don't mention any name.

Thanks

NPBD wrote:

Workforce discrimination in Vietnam is higher than western standard. (Age, Gender, Physical look, many more....)
is your boss a western or a viet

To keep it private don't mention any name.

Thanks

What a friggin insulting post....
LOL....

You take it wrong my friend. I am a Viet myself.

Why it's insulting question?

From my personal experience in US I found male boss easier to deal with, not counting racial variable.

Fews years ago in France you have to send a photo, a hand written letter with your CV (resume)

when you apply for a mortgage they added your age and your spouse age to qualify your loan.

Did you ever see old people in front office? in VN

Compare US fly attendant and Asian fly attendant it's day and night.

Retirement age in VN is 60 for men and 55 for women.

Just a simple job as tour-guide many employer in VN put limit of 35yrs

Those are the environment of the country you are living.

Yes, I am moving to VN and I am asking myself if it's time to retire or keep thinking of finding work. Money is not my concern but able to do something instead of sitting drinking coffee all day long.

I spoke with many local people already and they cannot understand why I want to work. Many of them love to be in my shoes sit and enjoy the coffee.

I am not insulting any one but just like I said "Reality check for myself"

I agree with the OP,I think Johhny was being sarcastic as he put lol at the end, which means he was joking.

No....actually I was dead serious when I said "insulting".....Look... I'm not going to mince words here, I'm a youthful early 40's average looking slim white American with experience....and rarely a day passes when I'm not offered a lucrative position somewhere....(Usually teaching)...

I don't communicate that in any condescending way.....I'm only basing it on years in Country.... Hey.... Seniority and Experience rules in my books....If you know.... and... can command and do the job... then (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot)..... Does it matter what your appearance is?...

:sleep