Buying an apartment in Sofia

Has anyone purchased an apartment or house in Sofia through either Mirela or Bulgarian Properties?  And if so, please comment on your experience.  Thanks.

We had an appointment couple of times with Mirela agent to look at an apartment (part of a two family house), however, the agent changed the appointment at the last minute, then 2 days later canceled saying they have a serious buyer. Thus, not a very professional experience. But agents in any of those agencies think change fast, and experience with one agent, doesn't mean the whole agency has the same policy of conduct.

Hi,

Yes I had experience with both a lot with Bulgarian Properties. They are professional in my opinion. Mirela dropped us when we were looking for an apartment, they charge high commission. 60%.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Dear,

We have been looking to buy property ourselves (in Sofia) and have experience with a lot of agencies. I think most of them are not that professional (lack of language and law knowledge). In any case it is advisable to get assistance from a lawyer (preliminary contract, check of documents, ...) since agents don't need to have fulfilled certain studies or training to become a broker and aren't always well informed nor working in the interest of the buyer.
The commission isn't fixed as in some other countries and can be negotiated about. (sometimes even till no commission, since the seller also pays commission)
A lawyer shouldn't charge more than a few hundred leva in case there is no complication with the property/deal.

If you want more info about our househunt, pls contact me via private message. I can also provide you the contacts of a lawyer and notary.

Gwen