Cost of living in Muscat

Assalamualikum and good day,
I am living in Jeddah and got an offer from Zawawi Trading Co. L.L.C. in Mercedes Benz.
I have two school going kids grade 2 and Lower KG.
Anyone could suggest if basic of 900.00 OMR with 300.00 OMR housing good package to move in Muscat?
What is cost of three bedroom house in Pakistani community area?
Many thanks
Adeel

adeel.lodhi wrote:

Assalamualikum and good day,
I am living in Jeddah and got an offer from Zawawi Trading Co. L.L.C. in Mercedes Benz.
I have two school going kids grade 2 and Lower KG.
Anyone could suggest if basic of 900.00 OMR with 300.00 OMR housing good package to move in Muscat?
What is cost of three bedroom house in Pakistani community area?
Many thanks
Adeel

Mr. Adeel,
I would strongly suggest you to move your query to the "cost of living" topics. It would be best answered there. Summarizing a response for you, The package is OK, provided ZTC would take responsibility of the accomodation. For your info, the cost of a 3BR in a nice residential area is from 600 - 800 OMR/Month. However, in comparitively lower areas, you may find the same in the range of 400 as well. I would suggest you to discuss the matter with ZTC and then proceed accordingly.

Hello Adeel.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Just to note that a new thread has been created from your message on the Muscat forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Mr. Adeel,

As per salary what they offer to you is reasonable.  I am Canadian Pakistani living in Muscat and Same structure Salary and we have two children ongoing school.
If your Basic Salary is R.O 900 (you will save 300 Omani Rial)
2 Bedroom Apt Cost
R.O 300 to 400 depend on location (If you are moving soon then I will help in this matter because I am working in Property Management Company)
School fees for Children   Pakistani school Fees under R.O 50 but if you interest in international School then Fees per month R.O 100 to 300 Omani Rial.
Grocery Cost for cover R.O 300. If you ask then contact or email me [email protected]
Regards
Syed Shahzad
GSM 968-95628970