Finding a job in Malta

Hello everybody!
Just a quick question please...
How long does it take to find a job in Malta at this time of the year (any job: from retail to admin)?
Thanks in advance for your tips/answers!
Silvia

Hi SilviaG

Not an expert in how long it will take you (timeline-wise) but as in all things, it depends on your determination and the availability of the Jobs.

My Mrs is looking around for Jobs but the majority of offers are in the Hospitality Services.

Thanks

Hi Silvia,

Jobs in hotels and restaurants should be quite easy to find this time of the year but pay will be low.

Any job in retail and admin usually requires speaking Maltese but I have known a few foreigners working in retail and admin but they were living in Malta for a long time.

You can start by visiting the ETC office in Valletta and looking at the job offers posted there or walking the streets. Many hotels/shops post job offers in their window.

Cheers
Ricky

Took me 6 months and 3 interviews to find one in the IT industry... It took my wife 7 months for a higher level position in the language school industry.

As you can see depending upon the Job depends on how long it takes. I have fortunately been able to find positions that cover my role very easily in Malta and the pay is actually good for the Island.

Look at the thread that has recruitment agencies https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=203611 This will give you a good start.

Good luck and don't get disheartened, its not that difficult if you have the right attitude.

Julian